LG IPS234V-PN 23"

Hey all,

I've been on the look out for a new monitor for a while now but haven't really bothered taking the plunge yet. Got an email off ebuyer this morning with this in it:

http://www.ebuyer.com/389760-lg-ips234v-pn-23-led-lcd-hdmi-ips-monitor-ips234v

?120 for an LG 23" LED LCD IPS Monitor -- worth it? I do quite a bit of gaming and some work (documents, spreadsheets etc.), a bit of browsing. 

I'm currently using a trusty old LG L203WT

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/lg-l203wt-lcd-monitor/4507-3174_7-31983380.html

Besides the jump from 1680 > 1920, would I really notice that much of an improvement in picture quality etc? Look forward to hearing some opinions or suggestions for alternatives.

These are pretty good monitors and for that price it's not too bad a deal, especially if you don't fancy paying double that or so for a top end IPS.

Consumes a lot less power than your current to (roughly half), much better image quality.

Only thing to note with this particular model is that the panels can be a bit wobbly on the stands provided (I moved mine to wall mounts).

I got the exact same model for 160AU$ (~97 pounds). 120 sounds a bit dear..

As far as image quality goes, compared to my old TFT, it was like night and day. Being an IPS, it has really great contrast and colour reproduction. The darks are darker and colours pop out more.  I have yet to see any ghosting on it, but I don't play twitchy FPSes either, so I can't say much about it.

There may be better ones out there, with better response time etc, but for the price, the LG is a gem.

As been mentioned, the stand is a bit wobbly, but I don't often bang on my desk, so I rarely see it happen :P

:D Thanks for the feedback guys! 

There does seem to be quite a bit of feedback about the wobbly stand on there so maybe a mount wouldn't hurt.