We?re inviting Xbox Live members worldwide to participate in the 2013 Xbox Live Update for Xbox 360 Public Beta.* It will include updates to improve overall performance and the ability to conduct transactions with local currency, as Microsoft Points will be retired later this year.

Unlike our previous beta programs, sign up is now accessed directly through your Xbox 360 console to streamline the experience. Space is limited, so once the spots are filled the beta will be closed to the public.

To join, look for the Xbox Beta Program tile on the home hub of the Xbox Dashboard.

You will be required to agree to a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) for confidentiality reasons. 

For more details on the beta, we will have a Beta FAQ that posted here later today.

Our open public betas allow you to help make Xbox even better.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for participating!

* Xbox Live members in any of our 41 Xbox Live-enabled markets will be able to participate in the public beta for Xbox 360. Please note that members in Japan will have an opportunity to join at a later date. 

I?ll update this post when we open it for Japan, and additional information about the program as it progresses.

Source: Major Nelson's blog

• Like 1

I don't have my 360 with me right now, left it back home and haven't picked it up yet so I can't sign up.  I wonder if they're going to do the rumored UI change to match the 360 with the new XB1 dashboard?

Anyone seen any news on when the FAQ may go live? I'll need to wait till I get home to sign up but would still be nice to know what it is i'm signing up for!

IMO this where Smart Glass isn't as powerful as it should be, being able to do this and maybe download a new demo etc via Smart Glass would be amazing.

Anyone seen any news on when the FAQ may go live? I'll need to wait till I get home to sign up but would still be nice to know what it is i'm signing up for!

IMO this where Smart Glass isn't as powerful as it should be, being able to do this and maybe download a new demo etc via Smart Glass would be amazing.

I think Smart Glass will shine on the XB1 since it can actually multitask, on the 360 it's pretty much just able to do one thing at a time and that's it. 

Ah the FAQ is more around joining the Beta then what to expect, I guess that makes sense with signing the NDA etc.

Oh well, signed up and hopefully will get to play with something new.

Does anyone know what the beta is actually for?  besides the store switching to real money?  obviously NDA may prevent some responses but maybe the info is out there already...

Major just tweeted that they've started to roll out the beta to people, so you should see it at some point.  I didn't get in but then again this could be a minor update anyways.