State of Decay isn't getting co-op update

"Over the past few weeks we've been working with Microsoft to lay plans for the future of State of Decay, including future Title Updates, DLC, and possible sequels. As part of that process we've also been thoroughly evaluating the possibility of adding co-op multiplayer to State of Decay. While there are great things in store for State of Decay, unfortunately multiplayer is not one of them."

Source and full article: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/state_of_decay/news/state_of_decay_isnt_getting_co-op_update.html

Have yo say I'm pretty sad about this, I've been holding out hoping they would add it. Lets hope they do a new version soon with Co-Op from the start.

I had a feeling in the back of my mind that this was going to happen. I don't want to say it but i think Microsoft have stopped them.

It isn't often you see an XBLA title get a hefty piece of DLC and i think adding co-op would have been quite a big update.

Here's hoping for maybe an XB1 version with included multiplayer. They could chuck most of the simulation background stuff in the cloud.

I think they aren't going to do this because the sequel game is going to be the full MMO they talked about.  You might as well just play that if you want co-op in their mind.    The MMO was their endgame from the start also.