Shopper angered at cashier's mobile phone ban

People don't understand the reverse rudeness when they are in stores.

You wouldn't accept the "clerk" to talk on the phone or chew chewing gum while you're shopping and getting advice and such. but apparently it's fine to go to a store and talk on the phone and chew gum as a customer when you're looking at stuff. and I'm not talking about regular food stores or large chain stores, but smaller stores with peoepl who actually know what they're talking about and are there to actually help you and not just sell you stuff. . 

• Like 1

^ Damn right, and it's damned rude to boot!  If you're not prepared to treat that person who's serving you as a human being and grant them the tiny amount of respect in actually giving them your undivided attention, why should they grant you the courtesy of dealing with your needs?

When I last worked in retail, way back in 1989, I was the manage of a computer store.  If people were in the line and chatting to each other, and ignored me when they go to the till, I just ignored them and served the people behind them first.  If they bitched about it, I threw their asses out of MY store.