Photo

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 July 2013 - 20:30

Holding_Xbox_One_Controller1.jpg

I just pre-ordered Forza 5 and Battlefield 4 along with a play and charge kit. Tried to balance the games so I get one exclusive and multiplat to keep me preoccupied.

#2 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 07 July 2013 - 19:59

I didn't preorder any accessories as they usually sell them before a new console is released anyways, so I'll just buy it from Best Buy or something. I'll probably get a play and charge kit for Xbox, and I'll get a new arcade stick since I'm buying Killer Instinct. :D

#3 Zangai

Zangai

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8

Posted 07 July 2013 - 20:09

None, because of all the whiners I now have to buy all my games digitally, and my bookcase will be empty. Thanks for that.

#4 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3110

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:52

I didn't preorder any accessories as they usually sell them before a new console is released anyways, so I'll just buy it from Best Buy or something. I'll probably get a play and charge kit for Xbox, and I'll get a new arcade stick since I'm buying Killer Instinct. :D

Killer Instinct is free-to-play game, it just has in-app micro-transactions.

None, because of all the whiners I now have to buy all my games digitally, and my bookcase will be empty. Thanks for that.

Huh? People complained to allow sharing of used games and resale of games, how does this make your bookcase empty and why do you need to download digitally ?

#5 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:02

Huh? People complained to allow sharing of used games and resale of games, how does this make your bookcase empty and why do you need to download digitally ?

Exactly what I was wondering.

#6 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:27

Cause he'd rather be able to buy them and use them without the disc post-install, same as me.

I cancelled all my preorders (had somewhere around eight games preordered) after that, but I have the Xbox One and a controller coming again.  Won't preorder any games though because of it.

#7 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:39

Troll much?

#8 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:25

Cause he'd rather be able to buy them and use them without the disc post-install, same as me.

I cancelled all my preorders (had somewhere around eight games preordered) after that, but I have the Xbox One and a controller coming again.  Won't preorder any games though because of it.

Oh I see, I'm not going to lie. I dont see a way to make disc-free gaming without online checks and not being able to lend games to friends. But I think having to change a disc when you want to play a different game is a small price to pay to be able to play offline, also to be able to lend games to friends and to resell your used games.. These only apply if you want a bookcase of games.

If you dont want a bookcase of games you can then digitally download games and you don't need to change discs then.

Microsoft could offer the best of both worlds, but I see lots of loopholes that way which can negatively effect game purchases.

#9 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:11

Killer Instinct isn't a "Free to Play" game. You can either buy a demo that you can play the game with 1 character and buy some packs for others or you can buy the full game.

#10 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 08 July 2013 - 13:43

Killer Instinct isn't a "Free to Play" game. You can either buy a demo that you can play the game with 1 character and buy some packs for others or you can buy the full game.

You can't buy the full game, its a seasonal subscription if you want to unlock all characters cause they plan to add more over time. You can buy individual characters though. 

#11 +scumdogmillionaire

scumdogmillionaire

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 08 July 2013 - 13:53

Only pre-ordered console. Games will be purchased digitally so I don't need to have discs cluttering my house. Planning on plugging in and buying Dead Rising 3 though.

#12 0sit0

0sit0

Live and let live

Posted 08 July 2013 - 14:07

None, because of all the whiners  Microsof not giving users an option, I now have to buy all my games digitally, and my bookcase will be empty. Thanks for that.

There, I fixed it for you  :)

#13 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia Icon

Posted 08 July 2013 - 14:27

I'm going digital as well...

I wonder if, I buy all digital will they be willing to ship a copy of the Box Art to me...

#14 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 08 July 2013 - 14:31

No games, as I'm still under the impression I will be able to buy them through the Xbox on day one release.

Having them digitally on my HDD is easier.

#15 Zangai

Zangai

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8

Posted 08 July 2013 - 20:19

Randomevent explained it pretty clearly. Its exactly because of that reason. I embraced the concept of being always online, as I always am anyways. I also agree 100% percent with Don Mattrick, that people who can't be online 24/7 or at least once every 24 hours, shouldn't buy the Xbox One.

Alas, now its nothing more then a more powerfull 360, but I never owned a Xbox before, and I need a media center solution that fits in with the Microsoft Ecosystem. Therefore I pre-ordered it anyway. Also gone is my flexibility to share a game with a friend in another continent, also because of whiners who never were going to buy the console anyway. They ruined the dream for me, but I am confident that Microsoft will come up with a solution in the long run.

So no, I'm not a troll, although I can't deny being very much aligned with Microsoft.