What the Hell Bing?

Anyone else getting harassed by Bing with constant CAPTCHAs? What the actual ###### is this ######? :angry:

Everytime I make a search, I'm prompted with a CAPTCHA before I can continue.

Maybe they're telling you that you should take a break before you blow a gasket or something. :p Not getting any captchas on my end.

I don't search that often that anything should think I'm a bot. How do I kill it?

There's multiple reasons a search engine might flag an IP like this.  I had it happen a year or so ago with Google, had a misbehaving Firefox addon hammer Google's service way too fast and it would bug me for a CAPTCHA every couple of searches until I narrowed it down and got rid of it.  Other "suspicious traffic" (bots, malware, etc) can get you flagged for it as well.

• Like 2

Just tried making a few searches in rapid succession, not having the issue here.  I've had that happen if I was using Tor or something though, but you said you weren't using any proxies so I'm not sure.

Looks like that worked. But I'm still getting it on Firefox and Chrome, which means I'll have to clear them as well. It's just strange how that happened at once across all these browsers for no apparent reason.

if you try to do multiple succession searches with Bing Award point on, it'll happen sometime. I've seen them in the past, I just enter the captcha and it'll clear it though.

if you try to do multiple succession searches with Bing Award point on, it'll happen sometime. I've seen them in the past, I just enter the captcha and it'll clear it though.

Been answering them, but they never cleared away.

Pro tip to max out daily Bing Rewards points:  Hold down the control key on your keyboard and click the "related search" links on the right side so that it opens those searches in a new tabs which all simultaneously load. Then go to one of the newly opened search tabs and repeat again with the related searches on that tab. Saves a lot of time with this method and never had a captcha prompt ever.

Well, cleaning cookies only stopped the issue temporarily, I'm being prompted AGAIN.  :crazy: 

Something on your computer/network is causing google to think you're a bot spamming their search engine. Have you tested on other computers ? Checked network/Internet settings. Ran AV and crapware scans and so on.

Definitely seems to be something on your end spamming the search engines.  I would definitely do a malware scan, something is definitely fishy.  I've never seen those capchas when trying to do a search, and I do a lot of searches over the course of a day.

Something on your computer/network is causing google to think you're a bot spamming their search engine. Have you tested on other computers ? Checked network/Internet settings. Ran AV and crapware scans and so on.

This is Bing, OP is having issues with, NOT Google!!

Have never seen that issue before either, on any of my 3 browsers, which aren't the same as OP's.

I don't think the OP understands what the "best answer" is to be used for - the one chosen as best answer here while fun and amusing has nothing to do with the solution or problem.

While hawkman and Max Norris posts give you the information needed to solve your problem.

If you being prompted with a captcha - clearing cookies might temp remove the issue, it is not a fix to the original problem why the site flagged you as looking like malware or abusive to the point they are asking to prove your human before you can query more.

As Max pointed out in his post, it was a addon in his browser that was the root of the problem.  Quite often this can happen if using a proxy or vpn where multiple users are all coming from the same IP.  The search site just sees lots of queries all coming from the same IP that exceeds what a normal human would query and therefore inforces something like captcha.

I am afraid I find it unlikely that clearlng cookies or reseting browser settings is going to be a final solution to your problem - more investigation is in order to what is kicking off the issue.