Justice League Dark

3xc7T.png

Guillermo del Toro has said that his Justice League Dark film could easily be tied into Warner Bros's broader DC cinematic universe.

The Hellboy writer-director said that he is keen to help create a joined up world similar to Marvel Studios'.

"I think that the great thing about the Dark Universe is that you have this possibility of basically creating this supernatural group, and you can play with different worlds, but I would love to see the DC Universe become as cohesive as the Marvel Universe," he told MTV.

"So if there is any correlation I will honor it."

Del Toro also offered an update of his work on the film.

"I'm writing it right now," he said. "I'm rewriting the outline. We have a writer that we're waiting for, so I said to Warners I will rewrite the outline in the meantime."

The film - which will star many of the DC Universe mystic characters currently appearing in Jeff Lemire's Justice League Dark - has been referred to by several names, including Dark Universe and Heaven Sent.

Warner Bros is expected to begin working on an interlinked cinematic universe following the success of Zack Snyder's Man of Steel.

Del Toro's next outing ''Pacific Rim'' will be released into cinema's July 12th, in 3D, 2D and IMAX 3D.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=82803

I prefer it when not every super hero is part of the same universe. Just because Hellboy exists doesn't mean all the other super heroes and crap form the same publisher should exist with him for example. 

I prefer it when not every super hero is part of the same universe. Just because Hellboy exists doesn't mean all the other super heroes and crap form the same publisher should exist with him for example. 

Well, it the U.S equivalent of the Japan's Official crossover Super Robot Wars.

^Yeah, I loved that movie. Though I'm not sure it would be a good idea to use Keanu Reeves again.

That's how it's been done in comic-books for such a long time now. It's also good for moneymaking because they can plan huge crossover events. Also, Hellboy is from Dark Horse Comics so he won't be part of this in any DC universe :p

Well, it the U.S equivalent of the Japan's Official crossover Super Robot Wars.

That is something completely different to be honest. With that game they put familiar robots from Japanese anime into one game. With comic books they hardly ever do crossovers between publishers and they've never designed a universe for such events between publishers. DC have done crossovers with familiar Marvel and Image characters, but those were only one-shots

What HawkMan means is kinda like the movies that led up to the Avengers. All those characters are set in 1 universe so that they can easily make a movie in which they all come together.

^Yeah, I loved that movie. Though I'm not sure it would be a good idea to use Keanu Reeves again.

Shame we never got that sequel :(

Yeah, keanu sucks just because of that! :p Has he made anything good recently?

Wasn't his fault really, the sequel was stuck in development hell for ever

Ryan Reynolds said this about it: "That movie is alive and kicking, and then it's dead as a doornail. Then it's alive and kicking and then it's dead? it's like the worst relationship I've ever had!".

He said it in this interview: Ryan Reynolds Updates On DEADPOOL Movie.

I would like a recasting tbh because Ryan Reynolds plays to many heroes :p (or zeroes if you count GL)

Lol, I think he needs to stick with Deadpool because he can play that role pretty well I imagine. But yeah, he's not a proper Hal Jordan at all.

• 3 months later...

1310160402120107.jpeg

Speaking with IGN Del Toro claims that?s not the case, and that as far as he?s concerned, there?s no reason why his adaptation of DC?s supernatural characters has to be the only one available to fans:

?We talked about it at DC and Warners, and I feel confident that the two properties can exist at the same time? I think that DC is trying to create a great universe of characters, and expand it and make it clear to the audience that it?s a landscape of characters, and not just one that?s dependent on one or two characters.?

For starters, it?s nice to know that Del Toro was consulted by DC and WB about the idea of adapting such a core figure to a TV series; besides cementing the fact that the film really is in development (in some way), the consultation also hints that the studio is as interested in Del Toro making Justice League Dark as he is in making it a reality. Since the director of Hellboy, Pan?s Labyrinth, and Pacific Rim insists he?s ?not a superhero guy,? studio executives seem to know exactly what kind of director they need to do the occult and supernatural story justice (no pun intended).

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-dark-del-toro-dc-movies-tv/