Top Gear - Series 20

I actually turned it off early - during the taxi race. The same damn crap. Driving the black cab through the portacabin and then the Crown Vic through the limo was enough for me to call it quits..

59Vt6.gif

ive found for the last few series ive been waiting for one or two segments in the series ive been looking forward to, everything else seems like filler

I actually turned it off early - during the taxi race. The same damn crap. Driving the black cab through the portacabin and then the Crown Vic through the limo was enough for me to call it quits..

I haven't seen today's episode, but when I saw them preview the taxi race, I was disappointed :(

yeh, I'm a mega fan of Top Gear but its kinda getting boring now, i too stopped watching early into the episode :( For me TG has reached its peak...

ive found for the last few series ive been waiting for one or two segments in the series ive been looking forward to, everything else seems like filler

Yeah same here, it's become a tired show now, they should make this current series the last. Plus all of them have careers outside the show

• Like 1

What annoys me the most is the potential - I hate that they've dumbed it down to the lowest common denominator for the general British population, who like seeing people make fun of car "nerds", who want to see stuff blown up, and then featuring uninteresting celebrities.

Anyone who's seen Clarkson's war documentaries or read some of the stuff he writes knows he's an intelligent, articulate guy who is passionate about engineering and history. Same with James May. And I know that Hammond is way more mechanically minded than the japery on show makes out. Yet they're all scripted to take the ###### out of James for being boring and technical, Clarkson goes on about "torques" all the time and the whole thing has just become an overproduced parody of itself. What saddens me the most is that there's so much potential still for an interesting, more technical, MORE ABOUT CARS kind of show as those guys have got the chemistry no doubt about it. 

It's so infuriating. 

I've actually thought this series has been more car heavy so far. Last nights episode had two proper car features.

I think the problem is the BBC, they want an entertainment program, not a car show. I think the only reason they still do it is because they are mates and enjoy doing these things together.

I'm still enjoying it though.

I still enjoy it but i get what others are on about.

The last few series though have been far more car heavy and gone are the days of entire episodes based on "How fast can we destroy this car with a jetski". Bit's of that still exist but they've definitely taken a back seat.

I still enjoy it, but the features have been weak by their standards. 4 more episodes to give us something memorable :)

I will say yes few years now the show has come to it's peak. Nothing new to the show. I'm a big big petrol head and fan of Top Gear but it's going down hill now. Problem is they dumb it down way to much because of some things they said in the pass, assuming BBC want to make it just a standard show. I liked it when they had guts and didn't care who they took the pee out of!

Must say though that the final part of the last episode was really well done and what a great road, only an hour from here too.

I'm not allowed to watch it, because I'm a fan of Stewart Lee...

Stewart Lee is an unfunny rambling idiot that thinks highbrow words in his diatribe somehow makes his observations and comments funny. However he is wrong, they're not. Nothing to do with his dislike of Hammond, more a critique of his work.

Top gear is still a good programme - in parts. Yes the taxi bit was same old same old, but the rest of the show was great. History of the show shows us that they get better toward the end of the series - hopefully.

Did like the latest episode with the Ferrari vs Audi vs McLaren, although somehow I don't think their totally painting an accurate picture of Spain.

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry when Hamster dinged the Ferrari.

• 2 weeks later...