75 posts in this topic

Posted

The entire purpose of doing this is to get some of the facts that people might not know from different resources and put them all together in a thread.  I wanted to break through all of the confusion and people lacking knowledge about the Xbox one.

FAMILY SHARING (not available at launch)

- Family Sharing does not have to be blood relatives (two people on the family plan can single player portion at

the same time, other people can play concurrently)

- Share a game's DLC with family members

-  Buy it once and two people can play the game concurrently

-  No time limit on playing or sharing the games

NOTE: A lot of people think this feature among others have been cancelled, this is incorrect.  It has

been delayed.  You most likely will see this feature in 2014.

XBOX LIVE GOLD

- One Gold account subscription needed per entire Xbox. Sub accounts only need one Xbox Gold account for the entire Xbox.

Q: What is Upload

A: Upload* is a new gaming and entertainment experience in Xbox One that, by making use of our Game DVR functionality, enables users to show off many of their greatest gaming moments in their own personal way. With Upload, users not only get a powerful, easy to use video editing tool, the Upload Studio,  but also a destination where users can access their own content and see what others have created.

*Available with supported games

Q:  What kinds of editing features does Upload Studio have

A:   Upload Studio allows you to personalize your video clips using a suite of editing tools, including clipping, voice over, slow motion, picture in picture, skins, bookends, some music and others. Players will also be able to choose from a selection of editing templates available to them in Upload Studio.

Q:  What is Twitch on Xbox One?

A:   With our exclusive partnership with Twitch, you can broadcast your Game DVR highlights to all corners of the globe, instantly stream your gameplay on Twitch, one of the world's largest platforms for the live streaming of games and game highlights.

XBOX ONE UI

This is an example of the current UI using the American Football NFL, but it could be anything really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N57j0bwmP5s

XBOX ONE AVATARS

Taken from the Xbox One FAQ

We are making the new system more personal, putting you at the center of all your games, TV and entertainment. To do so, Xbox One leverages your natural identity while continuing to have avatars as an important part of your identity. We will share more in the coming months.

NOTE: In Kinect Sports Rivals for Xbox One it uses your likeness by scanning your body and putting you in your game in a more stylized way. 

XBOX ONE DASHBOARD

Taken from the Xbox One FAQ

Q: Are you able to personalize the dashboard, per person?

A: Yes. Xbox One understands the unique likes and interests of each person in your family and will serve up relative content including TV, games, music and movies. You will also have frequent updates with live tiles on Skype to view messages and incoming calls.

This is a screenshot of the regular dashboard of Xbox One...

Notice there are titles for each section allowing you to use voice to navigate or to select items.

http://d1vr6n66ssr06c.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/xbox-one-dashbaord-6.jpg

xbox-one-dashbaord-6.jpg

XBOX ONE SKYPE

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/

This, more than anything, is the Xbox One

4 people like this

Posted

Shut up and take my money!

6 people like this

Posted

And something else we don't know about, is the Xbox TV (small set-top box for apps and arcade games only), which is still rumored to be in the works depending on the sucsess of the Xbox one.

Posted

Awesome post. Thanks for the effort that went into that!

Posted

Awesome post. Thanks for the effort that went into that!

The format isn't working out compared to my word Document and I can't edit it because it's too big to edit.

Took me several weeks to find all of the information.

Hopefully this will help calm people down.  Also if you want to add any information, go for it.

The Xbox One is a great thing, people just need to see the good things about it instead of what has transpired over the past few months. 

Posted

Incredibly good job on consolidation of information, 'Yogurtmaster'. I originally had the PS4 pre-ordered via Amazon during E3, but I'm slowly coming back to the console I've loved since 2001. :) Good to read through. 

Posted

Incredibly good job on consolidation of information, 'Yogurtmaster'. I originally had the PS4 pre-ordered via Amazon during E3, but I'm slowly coming back to the console I've loved since 2001. :) Good to read through. 

Cool, I am glad you liked it.  I have also attached the PDF to this post so that people that can't read that can read it via the PDF format. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Info that may not be well known... then posts in the smallest font possible. Doing it right! (Y)

Jokes aside, thanks for the post! I've recently become a Microsoft advocate where I work so this will actually prove useful. Cheers!

1 person likes this

Posted

It would be great if Family Share was to come back and it wasn't time limited as the anonymous Microsoft programmer leak suggested. But apart from your post here I can't find any suggestions to say otherwise. Why do you think its coming back do you have any sources which suggest this?

Posted

It would be great if Family Share was to come back and it wasn't time limited as the anonymous Microsoft programmer leak suggested. But apart from your post here I can't find any suggestions to say otherwise. Why do you think its coming back do you have any sources which suggest this?

1) It is definitely coming back most likely in 2014 for Digital downloads ONLY 

Listen to this MP3 and listen for Guest: Marc Whitten, Chief Product Officer for Xbox One (33:41 - 41:49)  

http://majornelson.com/cast/2013/06/21/show-480-e3-and-xbox-one-updates/

2) It is not time limited (That paste-bin leak is not real).

Source: https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg

Check out the attached image below to see the conversation for proof.

Posted

***** UPDATED *****

For those that wanted bigger text, I have updated the PDF to be even better so you can see it and read it on your Ebook or wherever. I have attached the Latest version to this post.  Please download the PDF from here.

1 person likes this

Posted

Still hasn't convicned me to get the Xbox One.  Those dynamic worlds etc need AN INTERNET CONNECTION!

Posted

illage3: well so does the PS4 if it wants the same level of "dynamic worlds" that ex. live on while you're not playing. Some games will have internet requirements, while others will disable certain features when offline(ex. using the latest stored copy of the world when playing offline).

I'm not saying that One is better then PS4, I'm just saying that your argument isn't valid. :-)

Posted

Still hasn't convicned me to get the Xbox One.  Those dynamic worlds etc need AN INTERNET CONNECTION!

:s

Of course they do.  How would that work offline??

1 person likes this

Posted

:s

Of course they do.  How would that work offline??

Im guessing the same way they've worked since the PS1? old-school processing power?

Posted

illage3: well so does the PS4 if it wants the same level of "dynamic worlds" that ex. live on while you're not playing. Some games will have internet requirements, while others will disable certain features when offline(ex. using the latest stored copy of the world when playing offline).

I'm not saying that One is better then PS4, I'm just saying that your argument isn't valid. :-)

My Argument is valid, you still need an internet connection to play your games properly.   Shows the Xbox One is not all up to scratch.  Why should certain features (aside from online multiplayer) be disabled if people don't have an internet connection?

Posted

Nice post, some cool bits in there. A lot of good interviews.

My Argument is valid, you still need an internet connection to play your games properly.   Shows the Xbox One is not all up to scratch.

Not up to scratch because a game with online content needs an internet connection?

Go back to 1995. This thread is a good gathering of information, stop causing console wars.

Posted

Nice post, some cool bits in there. A lot of good interviews.

Not up to scratch because a game with online content needs an internet connection?

Go back to 1995. This thread is a good gathering of information, stop causing console wars.

I never specifically said "Online content" my opinion stems from the fact that if you want to experience even single player games, you now need an internet connection which I believe we shouldn't have to have to enjoy dynamic worlds in our games.

Posted

Better to strive to push forward than to develop for the lowest common denominator.
My place on the fence is slowly swinging X1 way... slowly but surely.

Posted

Better to strive to push forward than to develop for the lowest common denominator.
My place on the fence is slowly swinging X1 way... slowly but surely.

Fair enough, my console is going to be a PS4 but I'm open to getting an X1 a few months down the line.  

Posted

I see the xbox cloud as progressive enhancement to the game more than a strict online requirement - the game should run fine offline (possibly at a lower resolution / framerate etc) but the experience will be enhanced when it has access to an internet connection.

Bigger battles, better draw distance, smarter AI etc.

Posted

I never specifically said "Online content" my opinion stems from the fact that if you want to experience even single player games, you now need an internet connection which I believe we shouldn't have to have to enjoy dynamic worlds in our games.

Yeah, I totally get that concept. I just feel the world is moving to the situation that the internet is just as important as the electricity providing it. Personally, I haven't played a game offline for years, even single player games.

Posted

I see the xbox cloud as progressive enhancement to the game more than a strict online requirement - the game should run fine offline (possibly at a lower resolution / framerate etc) but the experience will be enhanced when it has access to an internet connection.

Yeah I see what your talking about and I agree.  Thing is though, we're talking Dynamically changing worlds so things such as enemy positions, mission structure, item locations, day/night cycle won't work without an internet connection.  Obviously this is a requirement if its an MMO like Destiny, but I'm thinking that open world games like MGSV would miss out a ton of content if you don't have an internet connection.   This is where my concerns lie.

Yeah, I totally get that concept. I just feel the world is moving to the situation that the internet is just as important as the electricity providing it. Personally, I haven't played a game offline for years, even single player games.

I always play single player games offline, so no one bothers me while I play them (Skyrim for example), I like having the choice, and I don't want to have most of the game cut off because of the choice I make.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I see what your talking about and I agree.  Thing is though, we're talking Dynamically changing worlds so things such as enemy positions, mission structure, item locations, day/night cycle won't work without an internet connection.  Obviously this is a requirement if its an MMO like Destiny, but I'm thinking that open world games like MGSV would miss out a ton of content if you don't have an internet connection.   This is where my concerns lie.

I don't really see what you'll be missing at all. May not look as pretty as the PS4 (assuming that developers tap in to the true power of the hardware - unlikely tho) but will still be the same core experience...

Posted

two people on the family plan can single player portion at the same time, other people can play concurrently

This sentence is incomplete/doesn't make sense. Also, (using my gibberish translator :laugh: ) I have yet to see this confirmed.

Would be good if true.