IE 10 issues that are driving me crazy

hey guys I am hoping somebody can help me with this problem.

I know this guy that has been using IE for ever and he doesn't want to just change browsers. he was running Vista and he never had an issue with IE. His computer crashed and I installed windows 7 home premium. I did a fresh install loaded all the updates and everything possibly available to update.

He insists that his home page is MSNBC.COM, The problem is that ever time he opens it IE freezes up for 30 seconds or a minute before he can type anything in the address bar or click on a link or open up one of his many favorites.

I can start typing in the address bar and i might get 3 or 4 letters and it freezes up for 30 or so seconds before it starts up again.

If I run IE by doing (Start All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer(No Addons)

then it works fine so I'm sure it is some king of ad in problem but which ones.

AVG is the antivirus, there is no virus on the machine. I have run a bunch of different spyware and virus apps and it is clean. Chrome works perfectly of course.

does anybody have any ideas??

1. Disable all addons
2. Enable half of them.
3. Check if problem is still there.
4. If present, repeat 1-3 but only focusing on the addons you enabled.
4.b If not present, repeat 1-3 focusing on the other half.

I'll give it a shot. It really seems like its msnbc that is the problem. if I make google the home page everything is cool until I go to msnbc.com

Its a script on nbcnews.com - maybe the forwarding/redirect from MSNBC.com to nbcnews.com is doing it too. Had it happen recently and IE11 gave me a stop script button which made it work again.

is IE11 something that can be downloaded and installed at this point. I don't think so.

I would be willing to give that a try when it comes out.

It's the site. Either the system that handles logins and your user portrait or the slideshow (not sure which one) is taking up to a minute to complete if it does at all. I sent them an e-mail about it a few days ago.

Shotta is correct, NBCnews.com has a script pointing to Facebook.net using all.js that is causing an issue with IE.

You may also want to try running AdwCleaner from Bleepingcomputers and reinstalling Flash.

Shotta is correct, NBCnews.com has a script pointing to Facebook.net using all.js that is causing an issue with IE.

You may also want to try running AdwCleaner from Bleepingcomputers and reinstalling Flash.

do you think that is any better that Malewarebytes, Spybot, hitman pro,?? I have already run all of them.

and again this is a fresh install of 7.

Thank you for the input.

do you think that is any better that Malewarebytes, Spybot, hitman pro,?? I have already run all of them.

and again this is a fresh install of 7.

Thank you for the input.

I have the same issue with IE10 and nbcnews.com. Just use another browser to view the site until they fix it.

I think you can probably try blocking that script maybe and then it will work just fine.

is IE11 something that can be downloaded and installed at this point. I don't think so.

I would be willing to give that a try when it comes out.

IE11 came with Windows 8.1. You might want to wait awhile before you get IE11 for your Windows 7.

Users of Windows 7 and 8 can get IE10 that is available now.

You might want to add the plugin to detect/block the bad scripts as other said.  

IE11 came with Windows 8.1. You might want to wait awhile before you get IE11 for your Windows 7.

Users of Windows 7 and 8 can get IE10 that is available now.

You might want to add the plugin to detect/block the bad scripts as other said.  

what plug in is it that I would be looking for?? And I can start IE10 in safe mode, But how does one start it in Compatibility mode? I don't even use IE anymore myself so I'm not sure how to do it.

Thank you in advance.

what plug in is it that I would be looking for?? And I can start IE10 in safe mode, But how does one start it in Compatibility mode? I don't even use IE anymore myself so I'm not sure how to do it.

Thank you in advance.

No idea what plugin for IE... because I am using Firefox for everyday usages... I use IE for Windows and security updates.

Compatibility Mode is located under 'Tools' menu and you can see Compatibility View settings in the menu. Go from there.