20 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 666 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 16:11

First Grand Theft Auto V gameplay trailer coming Tuesday
by John Callaham

While Rockstar Games has released screenshots and a few trailers from Grand Theft Auto V, the publisher has yet to release any true gameplay footage or screenshots from the long awaited open world action game sequel. That will apparently end tomorrow.

In a post on the Rockstar Games Twitter account, the company made the following announcement:

The reveal of actual gameplay from GTA V will certainly be a welcome one for the many fans of the franchise. We know that the game will allow all of its gameplay world to be explored immediately, rather than the player having to go through single player missions to unlock parts of the gameplay world, as was the case in GTA IV.

Rockstar Games will launch GTA V on September 17th for the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360 consoles. As we have reported before, people who get the version of the game for Microsoft's console will need to have some kind of hardware storage device for installing the game; either an official Xbox 360 hard drive or at least a 16 GB USB drive that's been formatted to work with the console.

Source: Rockstar Games on Twitter

#2 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,958 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 08 July 2013 - 16:16

Based on the low quality of the trailers I don't have high expectations, especially not given that they're targeting current gen consoles (no PC or next-gen launch is currently planned). I think Rockstar messed up the timing on this one, with the delay obviously compounding the issue.

For me, Watch_Dogs and Mafia 3 are the games to look out for.

#3 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,827 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 16:22

The low res graphics really mean little to me. The game looks visually incredible & I am far more excited for this than any next-gen games thus far.

#4 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,964 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 08 July 2013 - 16:41

Based on the low quality of the trailers I don't have high expectations, especially not given that they're targeting current gen consoles (no PC or next-gen launch is currently planned). I think Rockstar messed up the timing on this one, with the delay obviously compounding the issue.

For me, Watch_Dogs and Mafia 3 are the games to look out for.

Is there much info about Mafia 3? I read some rumours about it awhile ago, but nothing concrete.

#5 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,958 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 16:48

Is there much info about Mafia 3? I read some rumours about it awhile ago, but nothing concrete.

It's confirmed to be next-gen. Mafia II had a better narrative and delivery than anything in the GTA franchise, plus it had better graphics, better combat and the PC release was done properly. Rockstar on the otherhand has a history of screwing over PC gamers, especially GTA4 which was a poorly optimised mess.

The low res graphics really mean little to me. The game looks visually incredible

Statement does not compute.

#6 Graimer

Graimer

Neowinian

• 312 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 08 July 2013 - 16:51

This is going to be Incredible! Looking forward to next-gen, but THIS is the highlight of the year! :D

#7 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,964 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 08 July 2013 - 16:52

It's confirmed to be next-gen. Mafia II had a better narrative and delivery than anything in the GTA franchise, plus it had better graphics, better combat and the PC release was done properly. Rockstar on the otherhand has a history of screwing over PC gamers, especially GTA4 which was a poorly optimised mess.

cool :)

lol. indeed. How come something be simultaneously low res and have incredible visuals??

#8 vcfan

vcfan

Straight Ballin'

• 5,350 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 17:13

this game looks like its going to be amazing

#9 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,827 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 17:25

lol. indeed. How come something be simultaneously low res and have incredible visuals??

Well, come on, there's more to visuals than technical fidelity. The art direction/visual design of a game is a pretty significant aspect no matter the technical limitations.

Just because a game isn't touting the newtest tech or isn't going to be on latest hardware doesn't mean it can't look fantastic.

#10 hdca18

hdca18

holla

• 182 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 08 July 2013 - 17:30

Much anticipated :D

#11 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,958 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 17:39

Well, come on, there's more to visuals than technical fidelity. The art direction/visual design of a game is a pretty significant aspect no matter the technial limitations.

Just because a game isn't touting the lastest tech or isn't going to be on latest hardware doesn't mean it can't look fantastic.

True, but the graphics in the trailers already released are really poor - they're simply not competitive with the current generation and are positively dated from a PC perspective. Further, I felt that GTAIV failed on a gameplay level as well. The open world elements were well implemented, as was the driving, but the combat was really weak and I just didn't get the same level of enjoyment out of it that I did for Vice City. The narrative had its moments but the pacing was poor and the huge amount of distance you had to travel—combined with the terrible auto-save implementation—resulted in a tedious experience.

#12 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,529 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 17:48

RDR was visually stunning and had great game play, hope this can top it or at least match it.

From what I've seen so far, looks to be amazing.

#13 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,827 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 19:08

True, but the graphics in the trailers already released are really poor - they're simply not competitive with the current generation and are positively dated from a PC perspective. Further, I felt that GTAIV failed on a gameplay level as well. The open world elements were well implemented, as was the driving, but the combat was really weak and I just didn't get the same level of enjoyment out of it that I did for Vice City. The narrative had its moments but the pacing was poor and the huge amount of distance you had to travel—combined with the terrible auto-save implementation—resulted in a tedious experience.

I think the graphics are plenty good for current gen hardware. As Crisp said RDR looked incredible.

GTAIV had it's shortcomings, but I still enjoyed the hell out of. I still do pop it in from time to time.

#14 Dreamspell

Dreamspell

Neowinian

• 258 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon

Posted 09 July 2013 - 14:01

#15 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,419 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 09 July 2013 - 14:18

Trailer looks pretty good so far! Hope the game doesn't turn out to dissapoint.