21 posts in this topic

Posted

First Grand Theft Auto V gameplay trailer coming Tuesday

by John Callaham

While Rockstar Games has released screenshots and a few trailers from Grand Theft Auto V, the publisher has yet to release any true gameplay footage or screenshots from the long awaited open world action game sequel. That will apparently end tomorrow.

In a post on the Rockstar Games Twitter account, the company made the following announcement:

#GTAV

Official Gameplay Video Coming Tmrw. 10am Eastern.

http://t.co/DTZc6KvH7a

pic.twitter.com/hzSZGA6thZ

— Rockstar Games (@RockstarGames) July 8, 2013

1 person likes this

Posted

Based on the low quality of the trailers I don't have high expectations, especially not given that they're targeting current gen consoles (no PC or next-gen launch is currently planned). I think Rockstar messed up the timing on this one, with the delay obviously compounding the issue.

For me, Watch_Dogs and Mafia 3 are the games to look out for.

Posted

The low res graphics really mean little to me. The game looks visually incredible & I am far more excited for this than any next-gen games thus far.

2 people like this

Posted

Based on the low quality of the trailers I don't have high expectations, especially not given that they're targeting current gen consoles (no PC or next-gen launch is currently planned). I think Rockstar messed up the timing on this one, with the delay obviously compounding the issue.

For me, Watch_Dogs and Mafia 3 are the games to look out for.

Is there much info about Mafia 3? I read some rumours about it awhile ago, but nothing concrete.

1 person likes this

Posted

Is there much info about Mafia 3? I read some rumours about it awhile ago, but nothing concrete.

It's confirmed to be next-gen. Mafia II had a better narrative and delivery than anything in the GTA franchise, plus it had better graphics, better combat and the PC release was done properly. Rockstar on the otherhand has a history of screwing over PC gamers, especially GTA4 which was a poorly optimised mess.

The low res graphics really mean little to me. The game looks visually incredible

Statement does not compute.

2 people like this

Posted

This is going to be Incredible! Looking forward to next-gen, but THIS is the highlight of the year! :D

Posted

It's confirmed to be next-gen. Mafia II had a better narrative and delivery than anything in the GTA franchise, plus it had better graphics, better combat and the PC release was done properly. Rockstar on the otherhand has a history of screwing over PC gamers, especially GTA4 which was a poorly optimised mess.

cool :)

lol. indeed. How come something be simultaneously low res and have incredible visuals??

Posted

this game looks like its going to be amazing

1 person likes this

Posted

lol. indeed. How come something be simultaneously low res and have incredible visuals??

Well, come on, there's more to visuals than technical fidelity. The art direction/visual design of a game is a pretty significant aspect no matter the technical limitations.

Just because a game isn't touting the newtest tech or isn't going to be on latest hardware doesn't mean it can't look fantastic.

2 people like this

Posted

Much anticipated :D

Posted

Well, come on, there's more to visuals than technical fidelity. The art direction/visual design of a game is a pretty significant aspect no matter the technial limitations.

Just because a game isn't touting the lastest tech or isn't going to be on latest hardware doesn't mean it can't look fantastic.

True, but the graphics in the trailers already released are really poor - they're simply not competitive with the current generation and are positively dated from a PC perspective. Further, I felt that GTAIV failed on a gameplay level as well. The open world elements were well implemented, as was the driving, but the combat was really weak and I just didn't get the same level of enjoyment out of it that I did for Vice City. The narrative had its moments but the pacing was poor and the huge amount of distance you had to travel

Posted

RDR was visually stunning and had great game play, hope this can top it or at least match it.

From what I've seen so far, looks to be amazing.

Posted

True, but the graphics in the trailers already released are really poor - they're simply not competitive with the current generation and are positively dated from a PC perspective. Further, I felt that GTAIV failed on a gameplay level as well. The open world elements were well implemented, as was the driving, but the combat was really weak and I just didn't get the same level of enjoyment out of it that I did for Vice City. The narrative had its moments but the pacing was poor and the huge amount of distance you had to travel

1 person likes this

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

1 person likes this

Posted

Trailer looks pretty good so far! Hope the game doesn't turn out to dissapoint.

Posted

trailer

That has to be one of the most irritating narrators Ive heard. Game looks very ambitious. Will be interesting to see if they can pull it off. The only one I liked was Vice City tbh.

Posted

Hmm. No mention of PC at the end of that video. Only 360 and PS3

Posted

That looked outstanding. Rockstar look like they really want to end this generation on a high.

Watching the trailer, i think Jeremy Clarkson would have been better narrating it.

"Grand Theft Auto V is going to be the best game... in the world"

1 person likes this

Posted

Hmm. No mention of PC at the end of that video. Only 360 and PS3

They said that, they're not sure if they're gonna port it to PC or not (yes it will be a port like GTA 3/vc/sa/4).

Posted

They said that, they're not sure if they're gonna port it to PC or not (yes it will be a port like GTA 3/vc/sa/4).

:( Oooooooooh!

Posted

Ahh I didn't know that.