Photo

Microsoft reveals schedule for Xbox 360's Summer of Arcade 2013

eenage mutant ninja turtles out of the shadows flashback charlie murder brothers a tale of two sons summer of arcade microsoft xbox 360 gaming

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

Posted 08 July 2013 - 17:28

Microsoft reveals schedule for Xbox 360's Summer of Arcade 2013
by John Callaham

While there won't be an Xbox Live Arcade section in the Xbox One game console, Microsoft's current Xbox 360 will still offer smaller downloadable games in its own Xbox Live Arcade section for some time. Today, the company revealed the release schedule and prices for the four games in its annual Summer of Arcade event.

The Major Nelson website has the details on Summer of Arcade 2013, which begins on August 7th with Brothers: a Tale of two Sons. The top down fantasy game comes from developer Starbreeze Studios and will be released for 1,200 Microsoft points (about $15). Next comes Charlie Murder on August 14th, a "punk rock" RPG from developer Ska Studios that will be priced at 800 Microsoft points (about $10).

Flashback is next on the list. The game is actually a reboot of the 1992 sci-fi adventure game, but many of the original game's developers are back working on this remake, which is being published by Ubisoft. It's coming out on August 21st for 800 Microsoft points. Finally, August 28th has Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, the latest game that features the comic book "heroes in a half-shell." It will be priced at 1,200 Microsoft points.

Microsoft also has a special offer for people who buy at least two of the four Summer of Arcade Games. It will thrown in a free Souls Pack for the upcoming Xbox 360 free-to-play game Ascend: Hand of Kul.

Source: Major Nelson

#2 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 July 2013 - 17:55

That TMNT games looks awesome.

Actually, all those games look great.

Two Brothers looks pretty good too. 

*sigh*  So much for cutting back on my spending.

#3 AR556

AR556

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 July 2013 - 19:33

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I can't seem to get excited about buying digital disto only games when MS has declared none of these can be transferred over to the XBOne. Admittedly, I had my doubts about getting one anyway, but no future compatibility going forward pretty much renders these + other XBLA I would normally purchase disposable.

TMNT and Flashback look awesome. Loved FB back in the Genesis days :)

#4 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 08 July 2013 - 19:37

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I can't seem to get excited about buying digital disto only games when MS has declared none of these can be transferred over to the XBOne. Admittedly, I had my doubts about getting one anyway, but no future compatibility going forward pretty much renders these + other XBLA I would normally purchase disposable.

Im with you on this.. I prob only purchased 25 arcade games since buying my 360 but I have put that on hold (last purchase was Minecraft when it was released) due to the Xbox One.  I already know I will have to repurchase minecraft and have no desire to double dip on any others.

#5 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 July 2013 - 19:48

How exactly would that even be possible in the first place?? :s   All games would need a massive rework for them to work with the different architecture.  You expect that rework to be free?

WTF?  Probably the most asinine reason that I've heard yet for not buying a Xboxone.

#6 AR556

AR556

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 July 2013 - 23:25

How exactly would that even be possible in the first place?? :s   All games would need a massive rework for them to work with the different architecture.  You expect that rework to be free?

WTF?  Probably the most asinine reason that I've heard yet for not buying a Xboxone.

That doesn't make my point irrelevant. I don't consider XBLA games to be "throw away" games like I do games I buy for a mobile phone. It's a deal breaker for me and further proof Microsoft doesn't give a damn about the money or loyalty of its current customers. Did I expect XBLA titles to be supported forever? No, but I sure as hell didn't think they would be trashed one generation after, either.

It's touching and all they back-pedaled on the B.S. DRM, but unfortunately, that wasn't far enough.

#7 Jaybonaut

Jaybonaut

Neowinian

Posted 08 July 2013 - 23:58

Not sure how they could have went with backwards compatibility since so much of the hardware and OS(es) are different.

I guess you wanted them to have built a 360 inside the XB1 for that to happen, eh?

#8 +virtorio

virtorio

4089 III

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 09 July 2013 - 00:06

I really hope Flashback is not terrible.

Because I want it to be great, but the trailer they put out a while back looked terrible.

#9 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

Posted 09 July 2013 - 16:01

TMNT might be good