IE11 support

I realize it's an IPB issue (because they use CKEditor), but it's extremely aggravating. I can't even copy and paste.

Edited by nesl247

I realize it's an IPB issue (because they use CKEditor), but it's extremely aggravating. I can't even copy and paste.

Just use CTRL C/(shift)V/X etc.. CKEditor is anal about that in most forums so it's just habit to use the keyboard shortcuts :p

Just use CTRL C/(shift)V/X etc.. CKEditor is anal about that in most forums so it's just habit to use the keyboard shortcuts :p

I always only use ctrl + c/v, but it isn't working. I think CKEditor intercepts the normal clipboard. Any way to disable CKEditor and have basic entry (via a profile setting)?

I always only use ctrl + c/v, but it isn't working. I think CKEditor intercepts the normal clipboard. Any way to disable CKEditor and have basic entry (via a profile setting)?

If you toggle the switch on the top left of the editor, that is the basic one (bbcode mode) and it's remembered. It disables all of the wysiwyg features.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone experiencing issues copying content into IE11? I copy text and links from one site and try to post it into another IE11 tab (e.g. a forum) and nothing happens. I can paste the same content into other apps (notepad, word etc). Running Windows 7 with IE 11.0.9600.16384IS

The scrolling of this site is also really strange on IE11. On most sites the cpu gears up when scrolling but on this site it goes into 10th gear. And of course none of the forum stuff works, had to use chrome to post this.

There's been some progress with IE11 support with CKEditor with a few bugs already fixed which will land in CKEditor 4.3. Can Neowin's developers update CKEditor independently from IPB?

No, because it is heavily modified. I hope IPB comes with a patch as they've already stated there won't be anymore point releases.

No, because it is heavily modified. I hope IPB comes with a patch as they've already stated there won't be anymore point releases.

well that's slightly annoying. IPB is nice an all but it's a bit of a PITA sometimes isn't it

But does turning Enhanced Protected Mode off fix any of the issues noticed? I doubt it.

It doesn't fix anything for me and it doesn't turn off in immersive IE. I just turned off the BBCode mode lightswitch. The text looks like typewriter type but everything works at least. (Except for quoting on the front page news articles.)

well that's slightly annoying. IPB is nice an all but it's a bit of a PITA sometimes isn't it

Haha, their CKEditor is vastly different to the (updated vanilla-ish) one we use in our CMS for the news sections.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor/ips_changed.txt

Doesn't look 'that' heavily modified. The problem is that IPBoard 3.4 uses CKE 3.6, and CKE 4.x is quite different.

The good news however is that IPS4 uses a completely stock implementation of CKE and supports all of the available plugins.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor/ips_changed.txt

Doesn't look 'that' heavily modified. The problem is that IPBoard 3.4 uses CKE 3.6, and CKE 4.x is quite different.

The good news however is that IPS4 uses a completely stock implementation of CKE and supports all of the available plugins.

Our CMS doesn't use CK4 yet either :P