9 posts in this topic

Posted

Google has released a fix to its Android OEMs for the master security hole unearthed by Bluebox Security, according to ZDNet. The publication gained confirmation from Google

Posted

Google isn't perfect ???  Windows 8 has flaws ?  Impossible.

Posted

And it will take the carriers at least 6 months to push this out to their customers lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wonder when it will show up in the factor images for nexus devices?

(Currently not showing in - https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images)

Posted

And it will take the carriers at least 6 months to push this out to their customers lol.

OP says Samsung already patched theirs.  Good luck with HTC tho. I am sure the Nexus devices will be soon.

Posted

OP says Samsung already patched theirs.  Good luck with HTC tho. I am sure the Nexus devices will be soon.

Yeah Samsung is pretty on the ball, but carriers like AT&T take their sweet ass time pushing the fixes out.  They have to add their bloatware to the new ROM revision first.

Posted

Yeah Samsung is pretty on the ball, but carriers like AT&T take their sweet ass time pushing the fixes out.  They have to add their bloatware to the new ROM revision first.

Dont see why Google doesnt make these kind if patches available to install by a link from their site.  Take the OEM and carriers out of it. Especially if it is a major fix.

Posted

Dont see why Google doesnt make these kind if patches available to install by a link from their site.  Take the OEM and carriers out of it. Especially if it is a major fix.

I agree but then heaven forbid that it stopped the phone working with that particular carriers network, people would lose their minds.

I do agree though this needs to be fixed, why on earth carriers have so much control over a phone when all they do is patch a call through...

Posted

And many HTC customers won't ever receive a patch.