Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Proof of the Pudding - WP8 Skype 2.8 Update

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Neowininas,

I have always believed that while the OS is highly efficient, and is able to run like butter on a dual, or even single core processor, when it comes to "heavy" apps...the phone would always struggle. Big games, computationally complex, and feature packed apps like Whatsapp and Skype have always been in this area - slow to load, slow to run, and nightmares on the battery.

Skype I said? Well, there was a new update "2.8" promising the world

Posted

That's good news. Thanks for sharing your experience with the update.

Posted

The pudding still tastes terrible though... :/ I prefer Jelly Beans to be quite honest with you. It's nice to see WP8 getting ..... apps.....um... Skype updates... I just hope developers notice the platform, it really has potential, especially with that nice tile interface. 

Posted

It is still crap though. It now sucks (somewhat) less is a better way of describing the update.

Still slow and clunky

Fast resume doesn't seem to work if I launch it from a contact's info

Skype still hates Windows Phone.

Nothing has changed, really. :p

Posted

Skype aside I've started to see more official apps coming to WP8 these past 2 months or so then ever before.  I think developers are taking note and while it still lags behind in US share (growing slow) it's at least caught the attention of people in other parts of the world with equally large consumer bases to target. 

I hope Nokia posts another good gain for Q2,  i'm guessing they'll come in around 7million or so Lumia sales for the quarter, developers take note of this.   While it's true that overall it's only a fraction of iOS and Android sales we're still talking about millions of users to target.