Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hum

video Daughter Fixed Dad's Computer For Pizza

10 posts in this topic

Hey Dad, that tech support ain't free!

A humorous invoice was posted on the r/funny thread on Reddit by Clem_HoneyButter, with the caption

post-37120-0-04651500-1373460359.png

The first thing I learned about IT: Never offer to do a job for free, else you'll never get rid of them. Sadly this girl appears to be able to follow that thinking better than I do. :pinch:

1 person likes this

So she repaired the computer for what -- $20 of food ? :laugh:

I have repaired/helped many people for a good meal...like older couples.  I have also helped for people working on my car.  Sometimes it doesnt equal the same amount of money, but people cannot afford full price work a lot of times.  So I take it in trade.  Most of the time I have the spare parts laying around anyway that I do not use.

Family and good friends get free work tho..however, they are responsible for replacement parts if I do not have them.  Work is free and fixing software issues/malware is free as well.

1 person likes this

I'll normally charge people a "pint" or a "feeding" whilst I'm there. :D

I've done plenty for free but then I get it back at Christmas time it seems. Got a few gift cards last Christmas from 75% of the people I helped during the year for $50+ (each) - was really surprised (Y). Total was like $800 in gift cards. Good thing most were to electronics places (few clothes places which I needed new clothes anyways). :yes:

1 person likes this

I'll normally charge people a "pint" or a "feeding" whilst I'm there. :D

pint of blood ? feeding ?  You must be a vampire ! :p

2 people like this

Ditto with the fee of a Pint or Food.

Any time I fix a friends computer, close friends I never charge a fee, but always leave it with 'you owe me a pint!' and that is usually paid :)

I agree with never do a job for free though. I get asked to help all sorts of people, some people I barely know, but I always put some sort of fee on the table as to not start a precedence. Unless they're hot.

The first thing I learned about IT: Never offer to do a job for free, else you'll never get rid of them. Sadly this girl appears to be able to follow that thinking better than I do. :pinch:

What I did for one guy is him buy a Mac and I haven't heard from him in years. :-p

What I did for one guy is him buy a Mac and I haven't heard from him in years. :-p

I will give people laptops that I fix, old spare laptops and such. Normally nothing older than dual core. I know lots of people who need systems for school work or cannot afford a new system. They just do internet/email/office so they dont need a power house. If I have the system, and know what kind of person they are...I will just give it to them.

1 person likes this