WikiLeaks' UFO Cables: More About Raelian Cult Than Alien Life

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2011/02/07/wikileaks-ufo-cables-more-about-raelian-cult-than-alien-life/

If WikiLeaks didn?t already have the attention of the world?s conspiracy theorists, its founder Julian Assange grabbed the X-files crowd by their tin-foil helmet antennae in December, when he mentioned that the site plans to publish leaked cables that reference UFOs.

But after two months of allowing the UFO-obsessed to let their psychotic imaginations run wild, Assange may have put a damper on hopes that Area 51?s secrets will finally be exposed.

In the first of a series of video interviews posted Sunday that WikiLeaks is calling a ?Live People?s Conference,? Assange answered questions submitted by the group?s? fans. One, sent in by a Canadian named Pierre Brunet, asked about the upcoming UFO cable release. And Assange?s answer, which appears around 5:40 in the video below, may disappoint those who have been busy building alien landing sites out of their mashed potatoes.

WikiLeaks? UFO-related material, Assange says, largely deals with the UFO cult group known as the Raelians, whose beliefs mix religion, sex, pseudo-science and alien mythology. State Department officials in Canada have expressed concern over the group?s influence there, citing a 2002 incidentwhen the group falsely claimed to have cloned humans.

Here?s the transcript of his answer to the question:

I have said in passing there is information about UFOs in Cablegate. And that is true, but these are only small passing references. Most of the material concerns UFO cults, and their behavior in recruiting people. For instance, there is quite a large cable, which we?ll try and release in the next few days, concerning the Raelians, a UFO cult which has a strong presence in Canada and was of concern to the U.S. ambassador in Canada. At that time, the Raelians claimed to have cloned an individual, and fantastically, the press all around the world ate this up and turned it into front page stories.

• Like 2

Dont see why you had to post this. From what I gather from previous post. You tend to poke fun at people's beliefs

How quickly "Truth" is discarded when it doesn't fit people's beliefs
  • Like 3

Dont see why you had to post this. From what I gather from previous post. You tend to poke fun at people's beliefs 

The Raelians will take care of him pretty quick. :laugh:

• Like 2

State Department officials in Canada have expressed concern over the group?s influence there, citing a 2002 incident when the group falsely claimed to have cloned humans.

I remember this incident quite well.

Over a period of several months, they were showing interviews on tele with this woman, cloneaid's PR chief, who tried to convince everyone that they had successfully cloned a girl.

Beliefs != Common sense. There's no credible scientific evidence to support alien life visiting our planet, let alone interacting with humans. If there's one thing the whole Snowden fiasco has shown, it's that nothing remains secret for long. If there was proof, we'd have it by now.

I believe there is alien life out there, some of it being intelligent, but there's just too much standing in the way of long term interstellar travel that I feel inhibits any kind of extraterrestrial life from visiting us on a regular basis.

:rofl:  Read about these beliefs and you try not to laugh at how ridiculous they are.

So yet again Wikileaks beef up what they have then admit it is nothing, again.

So far from Wikileaks:

1. No proof Iraq war was for oil.

2. No proof of 911 being inside job.

3. No proof aliens.

4. No proof planning a war against Syria.

Please correct me if I am wrong. (Not a conspiracy website that has read a speculative comment in a cable and blown it out proportion)

• Like 2

Beliefs != Common sense. There's no credible scientific evidence to support alien life visiting our planet ...

And why do you say that ... ?

It's a very big planet, and not all 'evidence' is laying out in the open.

How did everyone went off-topic to what I was saying..? I did not once said I agreed with the article. 

What were you saying? Someone shouldn't post something if it pokes fun at someone's belief?  :rolleyes:

No proof of scientist being honest with their studies is another one for you ;) Human beings tend to play the role of a god and fail at it pretty bad lol

Does the idea that there might be truth

Frighten you?

Does the idea that one afternoon

On Wiki-****ing-pedia might enlighten you

Frighten you?

Does the notion that there may not be a supernatural

So blow your hippy noodle

That you would rather just stand in the fog

Of your inability to Google?

Isn't this enough?

Just this world?

Just this beautiful, complex

Wonderfully unfathomable, NATURAL world?

How does it so fail to hold our attention

That we have to diminish it with the invention

Of cheap, man-made Myths and Monsters?

If you're so into Shakespeare

Lend me your ear:

To gild refined gold, to paint the lily,

To throw perfume on the violet is just ****ing silly

Or something like that.

Or what about Satchmo?!

I see trees of Green,

Red roses too,

And fine, if you wish to

Glorify Krishna and Vishnu

In a post-colonial, condescending

Bottled-up and labeled kind of way

Then whatever, that's ok.

But here's what gives me a hard-on:

I am a tiny, insignificant, ignorant lump of carbon.

I have one life, and it is short

And unimportant

But thanks to recent scientific advances

I get to live twice as long

As my great great great great uncleses and auntses.

Twice as long to live this life of mine

Twice as long to love this wife of mine

Twice as many years of friends and wine

Of sharing curries and getting ****ty

With good-looking hippies

With fairies on their spines

And butterflies on their *****.

-Tim Minchin

And why do you say that ... ?

It's a very big planet, and not all 'evidence' is laying out in the open.

Somewhere along the lines, it would have leaked. Yet, after years and years, and years of "reports", there's nothing conclusive to say we're being visited. No photos (despite everyone having a camera on them today), no video, nothing to tell me otherwise. Somewhere, someone should have evidence, yet no one does.

Does the idea that there might be truth

Frighten you?

Does the idea that one afternoon

On Wiki-****ing-pedia might enlighten you

Frighten you?

Does the notion that there may not be a supernatural

So blow your hippy noodle

That you would rather just stand in the fog

Of your inability to Google?

Isn't this enough?

Just this world?

Just this beautiful, complex

Wonderfully unfathomable, NATURAL world?

How does it so fail to hold our attention

That we have to diminish it with the invention

Of cheap, man-made Myths and Monsters?

If you're so into Shakespeare

Lend me your ear:

To gild refined gold, to paint the lily,

To throw perfume on the violet is just ****ing silly

Or something like that.

Or what about Satchmo?!

I see trees of Green,

Red roses too,

And fine, if you wish to

Glorify Krishna and Vishnu

In a post-colonial, condescending

Bottled-up and labeled kind of way

Then whatever, that's ok.

But here's what gives me a hard-on:

I am a tiny, insignificant, ignorant lump of carbon.

I have one life, and it is short

And unimportant

But thanks to recent scientific advances

I get to live twice as long

As my great great great great uncleses and auntses.

Twice as long to live this life of mine

Twice as long to love this wife of mine

Twice as many years of friends and wine

Of sharing curries and getting ****ty

With good-looking hippies

With fairies on their spines

And butterflies on their *****.

-Tim Minchin

Are you done blabbering? What a way to assume things about me.

Can't explain your statement, mate?

Go troll elsewhere.

To the likes of you. Not worth it. Hence why I dont spend anytime with closed minded neowin people. From everyone I ever met or talk to neowin is Far from open minded. 

Are you done blabbering? What a way to assume things about me.

To the likes of you. Not worth it. Hence why I dont spend anytime with closed minded neowin people. From everyone I ever met or talk to neowin is Far from open minded. 

:laugh:

Not accepting ###### conspiracies at face value because it feeds into some superiority complex held by many conspiracy nuts is not an example of close mindedness.

Why did you question the OP's motives for posting this in the first place? If it didn't interest you, you were under no obligation to respond to this topic.

So I shouldn't post this because it's a counter view to you and others? Talk about hypocritical nonsense. No one forced you to participate in this thread, if you don't like the content, that's 100% on you and you alone. 

No proof of scientist being honest with their studies is another one for you ;) Human beings tend to play the role of a god and fail at it pretty bad lol

By all means, provide counter evidence, we'll be waiting.