New mouse suggestions

So my Logitech MX518 has finally died after many, many years of service.

Firstly I am not a PC gamer I just really liked the MX518. The design was great and so comfortable. The only thing about it that I would have changed is to make it wireless.

So I am looking for some advice on a good wireless mouse in the vein of the MX518. The thing I want the most is good back/forward buttons by the thumb.

So what do you guys suggest?

I have the M705 that I use at work, and it should have everything you require.  It get's insanely long battery life too.  I think I've had it for almost 6 months now and use it 8+ hours a day, and still have the original batteries in it.

I had one of these for ages, before switching back to wired with a Kone+ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Wireless-Laser-Mouse-8000/dp/B000GSR1T4

The M$ Laser mouse was tres bon.

I have two towers that I use with one monitor thru the use of a KVM switch. I'm using the wired keyboard/mouse but I really would like to use my Microsoft Wireless keyboard/mouse. Any suggestions?

The wireless mice come with a bluetooth dongle, which should work in a KVM...

<snip>

The wireless mice come with a bluetooth dongle, which should work in a KVM...

Logitech unified receiver works in my KVM, nothing else to really add.

I'd go for the logitech g700 or g700s gaming mouse, wired/wireless hybrid

Definitely see if you can pick up a G700 on close-out. It was replaced by the G700S and the only difference between the two mice are the branding on the mouse. The hardware is identical.

Logitech G9X is alright, I preferred it over the Logitech G700, but I am a PC gamer and just could not get comfortable with the mouse for those purposes.  For general use though, the G9X was decent, now I've moved onto the Shogun Bros. Ballista MK-1 and that does a great job of covering all bases.

If you're not a gamer, I think the Logitec T620 is an excellent mouse.