xbox one best microsoft points 360 xb

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#31 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:34

PS4 is outselling the Xbox One in all pre-order markets by large percentages, 

Got any actual numbers on that console sales bit?  Unless you do you're both just talking imaginary numbers.

All my game preorders for the X1 were cancelled as I intend to buy digitally.  I doubt I'm the only one.  I'd be more likely to buy disc games on the PS4 just because of the way they downplay digital.

Client hosted servers where someone is playing on the server is not a dedicated server.

Quotin the wrong dude.  I am aware.

#32 OP GotBored

GotBored

Moved to NeoGAF

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:36

Sauuuceee

Also one small websites stats is far from a valid representation of anything.

VGChartz isn't a small site and if you've never heard of them you really shouldn't be arguing about game or console volumes.

#33 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:36

heh, vgchartz. cute. 

#34 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:38

VGChartz isn't a small site and if you've never heard of them you really shouldn't be arguing about game or console volumes.

vgchartz is abotu as reliable as a meteorologists. which lately has been about as accurate as rolling a dice. 

#35 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:39

PS4 is outselling the Xbox One in all pre-order markets by large percentages, 

PS4 even has 3 games in the top pre-order list for this week when the console isn't even out, while the Xbox One has zero.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

Also note that this is the US pre-orders which were predominately an Xbox base.

Who gives a crap.  As he said both systems are selling out, REGARDLESS of price (see...relevant to the topic)

Why you bother starting Xboxone threads then immediately switch to Sony Defense mode, is beyond me.

#36 OP GotBored

GotBored

Moved to NeoGAF

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:41

Got any actual numbers on that console sales bit?  Unless you do you're both just talking imaginary numbers.

http://www.amazon.co...zgbs/videogames

Best-Sellers on Amazon.

Who gives a crap.  As he said both systems are selling out, REGARDLESS of price (see...relevant to the topic)

Why you bother starting Xboxone threads then immediately switch to Sony Defense mode, is beyond me.

I merely post facts, It doesn't matter if your support Sony or Xbox I'd correct any post which I knew was incorrect.

#37 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:44

Best-Sellers on Amazon.

It gets worse.

I honestly don't care which console sells more. Me and my gaming mates have all decided to go X1 on release with some of us buying PS4's after a while. Its what suits you as a person, not what the general census wants.

With all the serious negative press around the X1 and positive press around Sony, if the PS4 smashed sales it honestly wouldn't suprise me at all. For me personally, the X1 experience is something which interests me more.

#38 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:46

Best-Sellers on Amazon.

Which is not actual numbers, doesn't account for the digital sale they and the X360 have going on, doesn't account for who had more launch consoles to sell before switching to the standard edition, changes every hour...

#39 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

Best-Sellers on Amazon.

I merely post facts, It doesn't matter if your support Sony or Xbox I'd correct any post which I knew was incorrect.

Best sellers for the last 24 hours, NOT TOTAL

sheesh. 

#40 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

vgchartz is abotu as reliable as a meteorologists. which lately has been about as accurate as rolling a dice. 

Pretty accurate then :|

Well it depends upon numbers available also. If we believe rumours the Xbox is in short supply.

#41 +AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:50

I mean, I'm not getting the PS4 because it's cheaper. I'm getting it because I believe it to be better. So yeah, if they were the same price I'd get the PS4 still.

#42 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:51

Well it depends upon numbers available also. If we believe rumours the Xbox is in short supply.

If you believe rumors you believe a lot of weird crap. 

after all the ridiculous rumors spread by the anti xbox crown, even after MS officially posted statements saying something else, you'd think people would stop believing rumors here. Especially negative xbox rumors, since I've never seen as much FUD and crap and lies created by the PS crowd before as during this launch. 

#43 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:54

SO WHAT?  How is the "short supply" about xboxone pricing???

#44 OP GotBored

GotBored

Moved to NeoGAF

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:56

If you believe rumors you believe a lot of weird crap. 

after all the ridiculous rumors spread by the anti xbox crown, even after MS officially posted statements saying something else, you'd think people would stop believing rumors here. Especially negative xbox rumors, since I've never seen as much FUD and crap and lies created by the PS crowd before as during this launch. 

What rumors?

#45 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:58

At this point, and depending on the deal they've made with AMD the price could be cut sooner than we're used to seeing before.   I think MS has made the right kind of hardware deals and supply deals and so the Xbox One could come down in price a bit by holiday 2014 at best.   A $50 after a year on the market should honestly be possible without having to cut anything out, one thing to remember is that they're expanding it to also run apps and I believe the Xbox Store will be the same model as the Windows and Windows Phone Store with self published apps at least going off of revshare.    That adds to what they can make back on top of the games and other content they sell (music, videos).   

I think we'll see aggressive price cuts in the first 4 years of it's life.  That or, and this is also a option, they make deals with the big cable/sat tv providers to offer the Xbox One as a set top box option.  Maybe as a second box in your home but for a subsidized price, something like $299 would be a big deal actually.    And no, as a second box option you don't need to already have a 2nd set top box because there are adaptors out already, iirc, that can be used/sold with it by the cable provider which would make it a true set top box and not just a pass through IR blaster.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!