162 replies to this topic

#46 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:02

after all the ridiculous rumors spread by the anti xbox crown,

Seriously give it a rest. My god ...

Most people who criticized the One are actually fans of the XBox brand. I know i am, or was cause i'm planning to buy the PS4 as i already have a PVR and want a game console. I can buy a PS4 with 2 games for the price of a One. Done deal. I surely don't want to have a useless kinect lying behind my TV gathering dust cause i can't disconnect it and put it in a drawer.

#47 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

I'll also note the Amazon list has the PS4 Standard Edition being available for a month and the Xbox One standard edition available for a week.

#48 thealexweb

thealexweb

Neowinian Senior

Pretty sure Nintendo said the same thing prior to release and then proceeded to do a wave of price cuts.

#49 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3110

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:03

SO WHAT?  How is the "short supply" about xboxone pricing???

Supply and Demand - law of economics.

How is it not about pricing?

Your best comment yet, ahhell, lol.

#50 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:04

i already have a PVR and want a game console.

Xbox One has no DVR functions and is a game console, so...yeahhhh

#51 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:06

Xbox One has no DVR functions and is a game console, so...yeahhhh

According to the official Xbox website it is not a Gaming Console, but an all-in-one Entertainment System instead.

http://www.xbox.com/...e/meet-xbox-one

#52 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:06

Seriously give it a rest. My god ...

Most people who criticized the One are actually fans of the XBox brand. I know i am, or was cause i'm planning to buy the PS4 as i already have a PVR and want a game console. I can buy a PS4 with 2 games for the price of a 360. Done deal.

Bingo! I've never owned a Playstation, but I've owned the Xbox and 360. Microsoft as a whole is a mess right now. The One launch has been disastrous. They couldn't just build a game console, they had to try to take over your living room. I simply don't want all of that, so I'm buying a PS4. I think MS missed the mark, though I think a lot of people will still like the console and it will still sell fine, but I see it trailing the PS4 for sure this time around.

#53 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:10

According to the official Xbox website it is not a Gaming Console, but an all-in-one Entertainment System instead.

And the PS3 was a media center/Blu-Ray player as well as being labelled a Computer Entertainment System.  And the Xbox 360 was likewise a media center/DVD player.

#54 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:10

And? So was the 360...

Point being?

#55 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:15

And? So was the 360...

Point being?

Its not considering a gaming console by its own designers, I believe that point was fairly obvious..   :/

#56 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:20

Bingo! I've never owned a Playstation, but I've owned the Xbox and 360. Microsoft as a whole is a mess right now. The One launch has been disastrous. They couldn't just build a game console, they had to try to take over your living room. I simply don't want all of that, so I'm buying a PS4. I think MS missed the mark, though I think a lot of people will still like the console and it will still sell fine, but I see it trailing the PS4 for sure this time around.

Don't get me wrong though. I think having multimedia consumption features and TV features is a nice plus. As long as it's coming at a good price and i can disable or not use them. What bothers me about the One is that Kinect needs to be connected at all time and i would need to pay 100$ more for it. To me it comes down to the price and what i'm gonna use (or not use ie Kinect).

Also i don't really trust MS about features outside of gaming. Last time i tried to stream a movie from my PC using my 360 i could not read the format. Had to convert the movie and it looked awful. The original 360 was making way too much noise anyway to watch a movie like Monster Ball using it. And most of the Live features outside of gaming were not avalaible in Canada or crippled.

And the PS3 was a media center/Blu-Ray player as well as being labelled a Computer Entertainment System.  And the Xbox 360 was likewise a media center/DVD player.

But unless i'm mistaken the 20GB 360 was 100$ cheaper than the 20GB PS3. And it did play a big role.

#57 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:29

But unless i'm mistaken the 20GB 360 was 100$ cheaper than the 20GB PS3. And it did play a big role.

The 360 also came a year before the PS3 did so had time to gather a fanbase.

This year will be very interesting to watch with them basically launching at the same time and having almost the same hardware but completely different OSes.  I'd really like to see the actual sales numbers instead of all this conjecture....obviously gotta wait til the end of the year for that.

#58 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:32

The 360 also came a year before the PS3 did so had time to gather a fanbase.

This year will be very interesting to watch with them basically launching at the same time and having almost the same hardware but completely different OSes.  I'd really like to see the actual sales numbers instead of all this conjecture....obviously gotta wait til the end of the year for that.

You will need to wait next year for realistic sales numbers.

In the first 3 months or so both consoles will be sold out and it will come down to how much sony and ms were able to ship.

You'll probably have to wait spring 2014 (and E3 2014) to see which console really takes the lead and gets better support from devs (fall 2014) because of this lead.

#59 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:35

Don't get me wrong though. I think having multimedia consumption features and TV features is a nice plus. As long as it's coming at a good price and i can disable or not use them. What bothers me about the One is that Kinect needs to be connected at all time and i would need to pay 100$ more for it. To me it comes down to the price and what i'm gonna use (or not use ie Kinect).

Also i don't really trust MS about features outside of gaming. Last time i tried to stream a movie from my PC using my 360 i could not read the format. Had to convert the movie and it looked awful. The original 360 was making way too much noise anyway to watch a movie like Monster Ball using it. And most of the Live features outside of gaming were not avalaible in Canada or crippled.

Kind of the opposite here. I think the having to stay connected is a poor decision as well, but if were used optionally I wouldn't try to disable it. It's just a very poor decision to be forced on the console. I, on the other hand, find the multimedia and TV features most annoying. It's a game console! All I want is a game console! I don't even have TV service so all of that is pointless to me. It wouldn't be as bad to have those features there as well if it didn't sound like MS was more interested in those features than even games now though. That's why I say they've lost their direction. I could care less about the price, but Sony still seems focused on gaming. They have a lot of the multimedia features as well, but those are a back burner to being a game console. That philosophy right there would have me buying a PS4 over a One even if the price was the same.

#60 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:50

You will need to wait next year for realistic sales numbers.

True enough, especially with seperate SKUs for launch and standard editions.  I'm still interested in the launch numbers though.