Steam Summer Sale 2013

What are some good single player games to pick up or look out for?

My wishlist currently contains:

Fallout NV

Saints Row 3 (and 4....never played it but it has always seemed interesting)

Fable 3 (is this any good?)

Walking dead 400 days (already have all the others but haven't had time to play them yet)

Borderlands 2 (might not buy....I have played the game before and never got hooked, but if it goes cheap enough I may buy it)

Deus Ex: HR (played before but don't own it, it was fun but it didn't really have replay value IMO)

Dead Island 1 and 2 (Riptide)....played the first with a friend and it was fun but I'm not sure if I'm willing to buy them, the first didn't have much replay value IMO.

Tomb Raider (reboot.......I just don't think it will really have much replay value, so unless it's super cheap I doubt I'll buy it)

Batman: Arkham City GOTY (played before, but I don't feel it has much replay value either)

L4D2 (Again, no replay value, at least for single player, I don't think I'll see myself playing multiplayer much on this)

Bully: Scholarship Edition (Played on my PS2 ages ago, would definitely pay to play through it again if I can get it cheap enough)

Titan Quest (Played a little bit, and it has replay value, but it's not currently on sale)

I also already have the Elder Scrolls collection, only missing Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim, as well as Orange Box (basically all of the Half-Life and Portal series), FTL (fun game but it's damn hard for me, even on the lowest difficulty), GTA 4, Sleeping Dogs, Witcher 2and Natural Selection 2....there are others I have, but those mentioned are the ones I have played and enjoyed enough to mention.

Any suggestions or other games I should look out for? I am a major fan of action RPG games though general RPG games tend of offer me lots of fun. I like replay value, something I can change how I play when I get bored of playing it one way, and I like games with a good story, preferably single-player.

What are some good single player games to pick up or look out for?

My wishlist currently contains:

Fallout NV

Saints Row 3 (and 4....never played it but it has always seemed interesting)

Fable 3 (is this any good?)

Walking dead 400 days (already have all the others but haven't had time to play them yet)

Borderlands 2 (might not buy....I have played the game before and never got hooked, but if it goes cheap enough I may buy it)

Deus Ex: HR (played before but don't own it, it was fun but it didn't really have replay value IMO)

Dead Island 1 and 2 (Riptide)....played the first with a friend and it was fun but I'm not sure if I'm willing to buy them, the first didn't have much replay value IMO.

Tomb Raider (reboot.......I just don't think it will really have much replay value, so unless it's super cheap I doubt I'll buy it)

Batman: Arkham City GOTY (played before, but I don't feel it has much replay value either)

L4D2 (Again, no replay value, at least for single player, I don't think I'll see myself playing multiplayer much on this)

Bully: Scholarship Edition (Played on my PS2 ages ago, would definitely pay to play through it again if I can get it cheap enough)

Titan Quest (Played a little bit, and it has replay value, but it's not currently on sale)

I also already have the Elder Scrolls collection, only missing Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim, as well as Orange Box (basically all of the Half-Life and Portal series), FTL (fun game but it's damn hard for me, even on the lowest difficulty), GTA 4, Sleeping Dogs, Witcher 2and Natural Selection 2....there are others I have, but those mentioned are the ones I have played and enjoyed enough to mention.

Any suggestions or other games I should look out for? I am a major fan of action RPG games though general RPG games tend of offer me lots of fun. I like replay value, something I can change how I play when I get bored of playing it one way, and I like games with a good story, preferably single-player.

It's pointless to buy so many games, the next sale will be in 5 months.

It was not a daily sale, it will probably have a better discount next days.

Likely, but still.  it's 50% off, best it will be is 75% off so an extra 5$ savings.  At this point, yea I think it'd have been better to wait and see, but 5$ is 3 coffees I will go without.

Borderlands 2 is up for voting for today's flash sale. Everyone go vote for it so I can buy it for $11.00. :D

Haha i got it for free when i bought my 670 ;) nice game easily worth 20$.

Tomb raider reboot is at 50%, is there a posibility for the game to become 75% on the following days? that's perhaps the only game that I'm interested at the moment... (well, left for dead 1 and 2 at 75% are already with me)

I believe it will. Square-Enix games have taken deep discounts lately.

Remember L4D2 now has workshop support, and a lot of good SP campaigns are being released to the workshop

Anyone else having trouble accessing their gift inventory? I got a game I wanna send a friend, but the gift inventory doesn't load, just a black box....

Yeah I think for next hour or 2 the amount of people spamming it trying to buy the daily deals are just causing the servers to overload.  I found the steam website more responsive and purchased Hotline Miami on there and remotely downloaded. Works perfectly.

I think they disabled it temporarily or something, does the same thing through the their website. And thanks Javic, I might buy L4D2 then with that, custom-made campaigns would add a lot of extra playtime and while I'm not looking for multiplayer games it definitely does have that feature when I get tired of the campaigns.

Anyone else having trouble accessing their gift inventory?

Mine loaded fine but the problem I have is that I can't buy anything. I've tried to buy a couple of games several times now but received a message saying my payment was declined. At the moment I can't even view my cart. Once again Valve has demonstrated that it is incapable of preparing for these events, even though they know the amount of traffic to expect. Very annoying.

Mine loaded fine but the problem I have is that I can't buy anything. I've tried to buy a couple of games several times now but received a message saying my payment was declined. At the moment I can't even view my cart. Once again Valve has demonstrated that it is incapable of preparing for these events, even though they know the amount of traffic to expect. Very annoying.

Odd, mine still won't load, haven't tried buying anything yet either.

As for L4D2....it seems the L4D Bundle is on sale for the same savings (75% off), making L4D2 $4.99, or the bundle for $7.49.....I'll probably go with the bundle since I never completed L4D in the first place (played it on a friends account) so I don't know the full story yet.

Odd, mine still won't load, haven't tried buying anything yet either.

As for L4D2....it seems the L4D Bundle is on sale for the same savings (75% off), making L4D2 $4.99, or the bundle for $7.49.....I'll probably go with the bundle since I never completed L4D in the first place (played it on a friends account) so I don't know the full story yet.

Doesn't L4D2 now include all the L4D1 maps or is that just for L4D1 owners?

Steam tells me there is an issue with my transaction and to contact Steam support. I click the support button and am presented with a page that won't load. Brilliant.  :rolleyes:

Oh, the joys of time limited sales.

• Like 1

Steam tells me there is an issue with my transaction and to contact Steam support. I click the support button and am presented with a page that won't load. Brilliant.  :rolleyes:

Oh, the joys of time limited sales.

Exact same problem, after it declined my PayPal 6 times and 25 minutes later, it finally went through.

• Like 1

Exact same problem, after it declined my PayPal 6 times and 25 minutes later, it finally went through.

Well, that's slightly reassuring. I was worried it might be an issue with my card, in which case I'd likely miss some of the offers.

I hope Monaco goes on sale, it looks like a fun game to play.

Only one game I am hoping for to go on sale.. and that's Torchlight 2. 

Its 50. It'll probally go to 66 on a flash sale. That'll match the lowest it's ever been.

Oooh, I've been waiting for Bioshock: Infinite to go on sale for a while. 60$ is just too much money for a game unless I'm going to spend 200 hours on it, i.e. Starcraft 2 and... yeah, Starcraft 2.

Civ 5: with the new expansion set I might actually play it, but I think I'll wait for a real gold edition with all the expansions and the original to come out.

Its 50. It'll probally go to 66 on a flash sale. That'll match the lowest it's ever been.

Exactly, so I end up spending 2$ extra by buying it when I did. Rather spend 2$ more than 12$ more.

Great timing as always Valve. Just when I use up all my money for the month, you start the sale. Same thing happened with the Spring sale and the last Winter sale and the previous Summer sale. Oh well. I don't even think I'm going to check out the sales as they go up, since I can't get any of them. Even the $2 games, stupid limited income crap.

I finally managed to buy GRID 2 using PayPal. Horrible experience (Steam, not PayPal). :no:

I finally managed to buy GRID 2 using PayPal. Horrible experience (Steam, not PayPal). :no:

yeh its timing out now the whole time :( too many people are going nuts :D