Steam Summer Sale 2013

Steam tells me there is an issue with my transaction and to contact Steam support. I click the support button and am presented with a page that won't load. Brilliant.  :rolleyes:

Oh, the joys of time limited sales.

Just restart steam and try half an hour later, it usually lets you retry after a while (make sure the games weren't actually added to your games list or that you weren't billed though).

Anyone else having trouble making purchases now? Something about credit card company declined :S even though i purchased Hotline Miami earlier, My pal seems to be having the same problem.

Just restart steam and try half an hour later, it usually lets you retry after a while (make sure the games weren't actually added to your games list or that you weren't billed though).

I restarted Steam several times, as well as trying both my desktop browser and the Steam mobile client. I managed to purchase one of the games I wanted by using PayPal (one of several attempts) but had trouble when I went to buy a second game (I didn't want to chance buying both at the same time in case that was the issue).

I can now make payments through PayPal but Steam seems to have blocked my main card. That means I'm probably going to have to go through Steam support. Tedious.  :angry:

Great timing as always Valve. Just when I use up all my money for the month, you start the sale. Same thing happened with the Spring sale and the last Winter sale and the previous Summer sale. Oh well. I don't even think I'm going to check out the sales as they go up, since I can't get any of them. Even the $2 games, stupid limited income crap.

Was there anything in particular you were after? I went a bit mad on previous sales and might have a gift copy or something

Was there anything in particular you were after? I went a bit mad on previous sales and might have a gift copy or something

Fear 3, I've been after that since it came out. And Dungeon Siege 3 and Virtua Tennis 4 are the only ones I can think of right now.Everything else is on my wish list of course or just newer games (like Toki Tori 2 that just came out today, or Grid 2 etc).

Fear 3, I've been after that since it came out. And Dungeon Siege 3 and Virtua Tennis 4 are the only ones I can think of right now.Everything else is on my wish list of course or just newer games (like Toki Tori 2 that just came out today, or Grid 2 etc).

PM me your steam username, I'll see what is on your list and what I have

Is any of the Saints Row The Third DLC really worth the price? Most of it looks like cars and cloths and weapons, which I don't think would really add much to the experience.....although it does seem you can add all the DLC to the cart right now for $3.49, which means if Saints Row 3 is in the next Community Choice, it will be $5 for the game and $3.49 for all the DLC, making it cheaper than the current bundle which is something like $12.99 for all of it.

That being said, Saints Row 3 for the next community choice!

Just saw that!  *Purchased*

Just downloaded Torchlight 2, it's awesome! 

Hadn't even heard of it until now.

Just downloaded Torchlight 2, it's awesome! 

Hadn't even heard of it until now.

I heard about it back when it was in development, but I had pre-ordered d3 so I skipped it.  But d3 was kind of a let down so I decided to check out TL2.  Got the free copy of TL from gog when it did it's DRM free sale.  Unfortunately my internet has hit the cap and i am over by 30gb which is costing me an extra 40$ on this bill.   However it resets tomorrow I think, so I'll be able to download then.

For those of You who think Torchlight 2 is amazing, Check out Path of Exile, its the same but free and with a million year better graphics. 

For those of You who think Torchlight 2 is amazing, Check out Path of Exile, its the same but free and with a million year better graphics. 

Protip: A good game can have terrible graphics

I restarted Steam several times, as well as trying both my desktop browser and the Steam mobile client. I managed to purchase one of the games I wanted by using PayPal (one of several attempts) but had trouble when I went to buy a second game (I didn't want to chance buying both at the same time in case that was the issue).

I can now make payments through PayPal but Steam seems to have blocked my main card. That means I'm probably going to have to go through Steam support. Tedious.  :angry:

Ouch. Steam + credit cards = nightmare from hell.

Bro tip:  I have it.. Paid 10$ over a year ago so I could get in the beta.

I have never played Borderlands or Borderlands 2. Is the second one worth getting? I mean, right now the price seems right. I just do not know if I will like it.

I have never played Borderlands or Borderlands 2. Is the second one worth getting? I mean, right now the price seems right. I just do not know if I will like it.

no question about it, B2 is alot better with many many refinements and unlockable secret areas. Worth the price over and over.

Bro tip:  I have it.. Paid 10$ over a year ago so I could get in the beta.

haha, its free now :D

argh! my wallet is gonna hate me! i have more games than i can play (in fact i almost don't play due to lack of time)...

Is any of the Saints Row The Third DLC really worth the price? Most of it looks like cars and cloths and weapons, which I don't think would really add much to the experience.....although it does seem you can add all the DLC to the cart right now for $3.49, which means if Saints Row 3 is in the next Community Choice, it will be $5 for the game and $3.49 for all the DLC, making it cheaper than the current bundle which is something like $12.99 for all of it.

That being said, Saints Row 3 for the next community choice!

Get the full package version which has everything. While some of the DLC is just new weapons and clothes and vehicle skins. There are a few which add new story content. For the extra price for the full package edition. I'd go with it.

Get the full package version which has everything. While some of the DLC is just new weapons and clothes and vehicle skins. There are a few which add new story content. For the extra price for the full package edition. I'd go with it.

Just did for $7.49.....so far every game I've picked with my vote has been the community sale....must be pretty easy to pick out the popular games. Hopefully it holds true cause I would like to pick up Mirror's Edge but not for $10, but in the past the other two games were more popular/hyped than Mirror's Edge.