• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#166 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 16 July 2013 - 13:30

Have only bought 3 things.  Torchlight 2 at 50% off (10$), Witcher 2 75% off (5$), and Just Cause 2 88% off (3$).   So I have gotten ~50$ worth of games for 18$.  I've given myself a 30$ limit on what I will spend.  However so far there hasn't been anything in my price range I really want.

#167 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 16 July 2013 - 13:31

I can do that too.

http://www.amazon.co...kyrim legendary

skyrim.PNG

Seems like you are getting a way better deal, £18 = $27.12, instead, those of us using USD have to pay almost $9 more on Steam, but that's a better deal than Amazon for us, it's $39.99 USD, but only £15 (which is $22.64......a cost of $17 as opposed to the $9 increase on steam).

I wasn't doubting your claim, I was simply stating that in USD, Steam is the better deal than Amazon (especially because Amazon has a shipping cost, Steam does not...and that wasn't factored into the above).

#168 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 July 2013 - 13:33

errr, wanted that, but it'll have to wait for the Winter sale. I hear it's an incredible time-sink, and I'm already addicted to Don't Starve and FTL.

I played the demo and i could see myself spending a lot of time on it.

I've already spent many hours in Don't Starve. Most of them spent huddled round a fire, trying to survive the night

#169 The Gamer

The Gamer

Forerunner

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 16 July 2013 - 13:34

Picked up The Witcher 2 and Dishonored. Hurray for my first Steam Sale. 

:blush:

#170 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 16 July 2013 - 13:44

I bought so far

New vegas for 4.79$

Tomb Raider for 12.49$

Xcom for 9.99$

Dishonored 10$

So 37.27 for 4 games not bad (and 0.40 in my wallet for selling cards). I'm done unless Bioshock Infinite or Metro: Last Light get close to 20$ which will not happen. I'll buy Infinite and Last Light next sale along with Shadowrun Returns. I have more than enough games to play until next sale with those games.

#171 Slane

Slane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 July 2013 - 17:19

Dead island riptide is tomorrow's daily deal. And Alan wake for $3 is great deal and the collectors edition for $3.50 or the franchise for $4.00. 

Bioshock infinite, deus ex GOTY, deus ex HR, deus ex Missing link, deus ex invisible war, Euro Truck 2, Frozen Synapse (bought 2), Guns of Icarus, Metro Last Light (.01!!!!), Nuclear Dawn, Sid 5 (gold edition), torchligh 2, Unvierse sandbox, tropico 4, mcPixel.

That's everything I've picked up so far this sale, when selling cards on the market comes out to be roughly $80. Which I think is fantastic.

Should be noted I move in the next few days going from a 25mbs connection to 5mbs. So I've been buying and installing more than I usually would to have a nice backlog of games to play without needing to download them.

#172 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 July 2013 - 17:28

Nice, Mark of the Ninja for cheap......only 1 more game that I plan to pick up (another indie game) when it goes on sale, so my spending is virtually done unless they have some crazy awesome deal on something I am on the fence about.....I skipped a few titles in my wishlist to save money and looking back I'm glad I did as they don't really appeal to me much now beyond maybe playing it for a few days.

#173 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 16 July 2013 - 21:47

Woah i did not plan to buy Alan Wake but 2.99 ... i may very well buy it.

The game is published by Microosft is there any GFWL crap associated with it ?

#174 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 17 July 2013 - 00:31

^ I don't think so. I don't remember any of that crap in my play through. For 2.99 it is a steal.

Folks, if you done own Mark of the Ninja, I would highly recommend it, but perhaps only if you have a controller. KB controls are a bit..meh.

#175 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:10

So far, the damage is: 

• Blocks That Matter
  • Rush Bros.
  • Ridge Racer Unbounded bundle
  • Just Cause 2
  • Dyad
  • Surgeon Simulator 2013
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • Dishonored 

$51.40 :( Damn you Steam!

#176 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:35

^ I don't think so. I don't remember any of that crap in my play through. For 2.99 it is a steal.

Folks, if you done own Mark of the Ninja, I would highly recommend it, but perhaps only if you have a controller. KB controls are a bit..meh.

Gonna buy it then.

I'm afraid Microsoft might give it on XBox Live later this year but since it's only 2.99 and the used xbox 360 version is still 20$ on amazon.ca i wont take any chance. It fully supports the controller anyway so i'm gonna play it using my 360 controller. I'm done with the 360 anyway games look so much better on my PC in true 1080p i start laughing everytime i read someone saying next gen consoles gfx upgrade wont worth it. Might even sell it for a PS3 to play Last of Us soon anyway.

[edit] just did some research and it's a steamwork game even if it is published by Microsoft.

How is Mark of the ninja ? Is it good for someone who kinda hate stealth action games ?

#177 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:43

I picked up Fallout New Vegas for $2.50!!! You cant get a hamburger or even a gallon of milk for that! :D

#178 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:51

I picked up Fallout New Vegas for $2.50!!! You cant get a hamburger or even a gallon of milk for that! :D

Considering how big that game is, $2.50 is a steal :p

How is Mark of the ninja ? Is it good for someone who kinda hate stealth action games ?

Mark of the Ninja has a good pace, tight controls (with a controller), a cool art style (imo). Its not slow and tedious like some stealth games can be. It is cheap so even if you don't like it, you're not losing all that much. I highly recommend it :)

#179 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:22

Well, Mark of the Ninja did win a few GotY awards last year. And was in quite a few top 10s from around the webs. Really good game. And I HATE stealth games. But the mechanics and way the game is laid out is pretty darn good.

#180 vetScorpus

Scorpus

Tim Schiesser

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:31

Not as much damage so far as in previous years. Picked up:

• FTL
  • The Walking Dead
  • Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall
  • World of Goo

Just $14.61 spent so far, although if a few of my Wishlist items go on sale then it'll surely rise

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!