Steam Summer Sale 2013

managed not to buy a single item during the steam summer sale. (same as the holiday sale) and yet I ended up with FTL, and Tiny Tina's DLC for Borderlands 2 :D

Kerbal Space Program and Starforge.

While i've been tempted to buy others in the sale, i thought, by the time i play them, They'll have been in another sale or budget priced.

I completed my foil badge collection.  :D

Along with my standard collection (Level 5):

###### ???

How much did you spend to buy cards ?

Without spending any money on cards i was able to complete the standard collection once only. I did not even know there was foil cards rofl.

This was actually my first steam sale I ever participated in.  Have the 7 year member badge, but never bothered with the sales.

bought:

Torchlight 2
Just Cause 2
Witcher 2
Under the Ocean
Fable 3
Farcry 2 w/ the DLC

Spent ~30$  pretty happy with that.

I spent far too much as always, though mostly gifts this time around. Picked up Rage on encore day, and I had grabbed Surgeon Simulator too, but I wish I hadn't

I was hoping something different would make the daily sale like Trine 2

Pretty sure trine 2 was in one of the daily sales. its -60% right now, well for the next 8mins :laugh:

###### ???

How much did you spend to buy cards ?

Without spending any money on cards i was able to complete the standard collection once only. I did not even know there was foil cards rofl.

I got some from voting, purchasing and trading with friends and used the Steam Marketplace to buy the rest of the cards I needed (as well as some extras). I'm gambling that the prices will increase after the sale ends and I'll be able to make a net profit. Already some of the foil cards have increased in price by as much as 100%.

Pretty sure trine 2 was in one of the daily sales. its -60% right now, well for the next 8mins :laugh:

Yeah I bought it on the last day once I saw I wasn't going to get it any cheaper; still worth it. Also I just noticed that Giana Sisters is 80% off today; glad I decided to hold off on getting it during the sale. I also bought Bastion, Dust, Magicka and Civilization V. My wallet thanks me for showing restraint this year.

I was just one vote short of getting another card though, kind of annoying. I'm holding on to all of my summer cards for now. As posted above I suspect the prices are going to go up on them now that they are no longer obtainable. Might take a while since there are so many on the market right now.

I bought Warband and the Tomb Raider collection. I'm surprised by my own restraint, to be honest. Nothing really leapt out at me this year, and one of the few games I set out to buy (Crusader Kings II) didn't actually appeal as much when I played the demo. All in all I'm, happy with what I bought, though I haven't even completed the Summer Sale badge once.

I was hoping that Amazon would've matched Borderlands 2's mechromancer/physco pack prices so I could use the GOONCAVE promo code to get them for a bit cheaper. :/

In reverse order:

Just Cause 2 DLC x7
Fable III
RAGE The Scorchers DLC (I only got this because it was cheap and lets you go back and finish things(Should have been free in my opinion))
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Standard Edition
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Sleeping Dogs DLC x5
Organ Trail: Director's Cut
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
Deadlight
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate (Cheaper than the DLC :D)
The Witcher 2
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)
Sleeping Dogs
Just Cause 2
FTL: Faster Than Light Soundtrack

FTL (Gift)
Hotline Miami Soundtrack
Borderlands 2 Season Pass ROW
Tomb Raider: Tomb of Lost Adventurer
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Last I checked steam said ~$80

They should keep me occupied for a while :D

I bought torchlight 2, Dishonored (eventhough my gfx doesn't meet requirements xD), and Tomb Raider (2013).

The summer sales on the games is like the things when you check out at the store, like you see beef jerky and impulsively buy it.  I  bought Fallout New Vegas for $2.50 and Just Cause 1 for $0.27

The summer sales on the games is like the things when you check out at the store, like you see beef jerky and impulsively buy it.  I  bought Fallout New Vegas for $2.50 and Just Cause 1 for $0.27

I got like 8 copies + 1 for myself of JC1. Figured I had a few bucks in my PayPal so I'd get a few copies. Gave away a copy already to my brother and another to my friend.

From the Steam Sale I grabbed:

Prison Architect

L.A. Noire

Civ 5 Gold Upgrade

Borderlands 2 Season Pass

Various small DLC

Tomb Raider

Also picked up these on competing sales from Amazon, GamersGate, etc.:

Euro Truck Simulator 2

BioShock Infinite

Civ 5 Brave New World

Would be interested to know some sales figured from this sale.   Which games sold the most copies, basic gross on the sale, etc.

So I bought some games during the Summer Sale when they were on the daily deal or community choice, supposedly the lowest price they'll get during the sale. Well I guess that was true, but now the day after the sale ends they start putting them up as daily deals for much larger discounts. WTF? Trine 2 for example, 85% off today, way cheaper than it was during the sale. Giana Sisters was up yesterday 85% off too. Why have a summer sale if you're just going to screw people over by throwing them on sale a lot cheaper the day after the summer sale ends?

I feel like I've been trolled.

• Like 1