• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#16 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 11 July 2013 - 17:37

Nice gonna buy it tonight. How much is Bioshock Infinite in north america?

29.99 I think.   50% off 59.99.

As for TL2.  I've been waiting months for it to go on sale.  The lowest I have seen is 5$ but I missed it.  So even at 50% off (10$) it was worth it to me.

#17 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 11 July 2013 - 17:41

It is.

Sadly for me the only daily deals I would consider buying is L4D2 and Scribblenauts.....but I don't think I would play either of them enough to purchase.

I would gladly buy Skyrim Legendary if I didn't buy Skyrim + Hearthfire + Dawnguard a few months ago for $35....I would gladly trade those back in in exchange for the Legendary edition now :p.

Hopefully games I'm more interested crop up later, or in tomorrow's daily deal.

EDIT: How exactly do these deals work? A large amount of games are on sale, even though they don't show in the daily deal or anything. So do these games stay on sale the whole duration of the sale? If so then it would be worth waiting until the last day to see if something you want becomes a daily deal (and therefore gets even more off), right?

#18 KZWings

KZWings

Neowinian

• Phone: LG Nexus 5

Posted 11 July 2013 - 17:44

As for TL2.  I've been waiting months for it to go on sale.  The lowest I have seen is 5$ but I missed it.  So even at 50% off (10$) it was worth it to me.

It's worth it at full price of $20 too  :)

#19 firey

firey

Posted 11 July 2013 - 17:53

It's worth it at full price of $20 too  :)

I'm positive it is.  However I can't justify spending 20$.  But I can justify spending 10$ on something that is normally double the cost.  

How exactly do these deals work? A large amount of games are on sale, even though they don't show in the daily deal or anything. So do these games stay on sale the whole duration of the sale? If so then it would be worth waiting until the last day to see if something you want becomes a daily deal (and therefore gets even more off), right?

That's what it sounds like to me.  So it's best to check every day for the game you want to be on the Daily Sale.  If it is then buy it then.  If on the last day your game still hasn't come up.  Buy it.

But as I say for me, I just wanted to get TL2 for < 10$ which I was able to do.

#20 exotoxic

exotoxic

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:02

If so then it would be worth waiting until the last day to see if something you want becomes a daily deal (and therefore gets even more off), right?

If the games you want are 75% off then i would say just buy now, it is rare to see games more than 75% off.

#21 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:16

Borderlands 2 is up for voting for today's flash sale. Everyone go vote for it so I can buy it for $11.00. :D

#22 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:20

Borderlands 2 is up for voting for today's flash sale. Everyone go vote for it so I can buy it for $11.00. :D

Yikes you missed Green Man Gaming's Steam code Borderlands 2 + Season pass for $15 sale a few days ago.

#23 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:22

Just saw that!  *Purchased*

It was not a daily sale, it will probably have a better discount next days.

And then pay 100€+ for the DLCs? (yes, they cost that much!)

#24 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:22

Tomb raider reboot is at 50%, is there a posibility for the game to become 75% on the following days? that's perhaps the only game that I'm interested at the moment... (well, left for dead 1 and 2 at 75% are already with me)

#25 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:31

Tomb raider reboot is at 50%, is there a posibility for the game to become 75% on the following days? that's perhaps the only game that I'm interested at the moment... (well, left for dead 1 and 2 at 75% are already with me)

Daily sale = lowest price. If it's not a daily sale check every day if they put on daily sale and if they don't simply buy it the last day. Community choices and flash sales (basically any offer that doesn't last for the whole sale) have the lowest price as well.

#26 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:32

What are some good single player games to pick up or look out for?

My wishlist currently contains:

Fallout NV

Saints Row 3 (and 4....never played it but it has always seemed interesting)

Fable 3 (is this any good?)

Walking dead 400 days (already have all the others but haven't had time to play them yet)

Borderlands 2 (might not buy....I have played the game before and never got hooked, but if it goes cheap enough I may buy it)

Deus Ex: HR (played before but don't own it, it was fun but it didn't really have replay value IMO)

Dead Island 1 and 2 (Riptide)....played the first with a friend and it was fun but I'm not sure if I'm willing to buy them, the first didn't have much replay value IMO.

Tomb Raider (reboot.......I just don't think it will really have much replay value, so unless it's super cheap I doubt I'll buy it)

Batman: Arkham City GOTY (played before, but I don't feel it has much replay value either)

L4D2 (Again, no replay value, at least for single player, I don't think I'll see myself playing multiplayer much on this)

Bully: Scholarship Edition (Played on my PS2 ages ago, would definitely pay to play through it again if I can get it cheap enough)

Titan Quest (Played a little bit, and it has replay value, but it's not currently on sale)

I also already have the Elder Scrolls collection, only missing Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim, as well as Orange Box (basically all of the Half-Life and Portal series), FTL (fun game but it's damn hard for me, even on the lowest difficulty), GTA 4, Sleeping Dogs, Witcher 2and Natural Selection 2....there are others I have, but those mentioned are the ones I have played and enjoyed enough to mention.

Any suggestions or other games I should look out for? I am a major fan of action RPG games though general RPG games tend of offer me lots of fun. I like replay value, something I can change how I play when I get bored of playing it one way, and I like games with a good story, preferably single-player.

#27 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:41

What are some good single player games to pick up or look out for?

My wishlist currently contains:

Fallout NV

Saints Row 3 (and 4....never played it but it has always seemed interesting)

Fable 3 (is this any good?)

Walking dead 400 days (already have all the others but haven't had time to play them yet)

Borderlands 2 (might not buy....I have played the game before and never got hooked, but if it goes cheap enough I may buy it)

Deus Ex: HR (played before but don't own it, it was fun but it didn't really have replay value IMO)

Dead Island 1 and 2 (Riptide)....played the first with a friend and it was fun but I'm not sure if I'm willing to buy them, the first didn't have much replay value IMO.

Tomb Raider (reboot.......I just don't think it will really have much replay value, so unless it's super cheap I doubt I'll buy it)

Batman: Arkham City GOTY (played before, but I don't feel it has much replay value either)

L4D2 (Again, no replay value, at least for single player, I don't think I'll see myself playing multiplayer much on this)

Bully: Scholarship Edition (Played on my PS2 ages ago, would definitely pay to play through it again if I can get it cheap enough)

Titan Quest (Played a little bit, and it has replay value, but it's not currently on sale)

I also already have the Elder Scrolls collection, only missing Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim, as well as Orange Box (basically all of the Half-Life and Portal series), FTL (fun game but it's damn hard for me, even on the lowest difficulty), GTA 4, Sleeping Dogs, Witcher 2and Natural Selection 2....there are others I have, but those mentioned are the ones I have played and enjoyed enough to mention.

Any suggestions or other games I should look out for? I am a major fan of action RPG games though general RPG games tend of offer me lots of fun. I like replay value, something I can change how I play when I get bored of playing it one way, and I like games with a good story, preferably single-player.

It's pointless to buy so many games, the next sale will be in 5 months.

#28 firey

firey

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:43

It was not a daily sale, it will probably have a better discount next days.

Likely, but still.  it's 50% off, best it will be is 75% off so an extra 5$ savings.  At this point, yea I think it'd have been better to wait and see, but 5$ is 3 coffees I will go without.

#29 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:44

Here's a bright idea, let's start our sale which attracts millions of people and not bother upgrading the server bandwidth.

Clever.

#30 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:47

Haha i got it for free when i bought my 670 ;) nice game easily worth 20$.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!