Surviving Critical Conditions

The Dust has settled somewhat.  Microsoft seems to have survived from the Self Inflicting Injuries (Didn't help that Sony and Media made matters worse).  They have since reversed DRM policies (which i personally favored), Sticking by Kinect (Still taking a pounding for it), sticking by it's price point (still taking a pounding for it), and sticking with cloud (though being laughed at the world over).

All of the above would of caved most companies, and caused them to give up on the further development of a console.  Microsoft though stayed the course (I commend them for that for the most part) (Wish they would of stuck with the original plan).  Despite being in critical condition MS remains the headliner in the console war, rather the headlines be good or bad.  Now is a best time to filter out all the negatives about the Xbox One and start the positives of it all.

Microsoft should go on advertising BLITZ starting now, and keep it coming all the way through release date and Christmas time.  The should start on the May 20th, 2013 day (a day before the reveal) where the Xbox name was high and mighty.  And show advertisements starting with the reveal, and all the other criticisms afterwards.  Let the negative commercials have their own spot as well (even show the negative statements posted by the media).  Show E3, the 180 anything and everything about the Xbox One that was revealed so far.

In between all of that show something new, no matter how petty it may seem.  Show a commercial on how the Cloud will enhance games.  Show why Kinect is worth it (from a games, gesture, and voice perspective.)  Now is not the time to be quiet Microsoft, now is to scream and let EVERYONE know that you are still here.  Let the ones who kicked you while you were down, know that despite it all there will be ONE box to rule them all...

Let the "So called loyalist" know that, despite them turning their backs on you, Xbox One will be here waiting with open arms (I know MS arms are open to anyone with $$$ to buy one, lol)

So what the console doesn't come out until November, now is the time to fight back.

The Dust has settled somewhat.  Microsoft seems to have survived from the Self Inflicting Injuries (Didn't help that Sony and Media made matters worse).  They have since reversed DRM policies (which i personally favored), Sticking by Kinect (Still taking a pounding for it), sticking by it's price point (still taking a pounding for it), and sticking with cloud (though being laughed at the world over).

...really?  They still sold out of their initial allocation of consoles.  I debate the extent of this 'pounding' except by those already inclined to hate MS.  Much like you can't debate win8 without XP users, linux users, and other people who couldn't give a rats ass about the actual benefits it offers...some people will just not be happy with anything MS does.

Heavy advertising for a console when it's not even available also isn't going to happen.  See any ads for Windows 8.1?  IE11?  No?  That about sums it up really.

When we're either much closer to launch or there're products on the shelves I'd expect to see ads.

...really?  They still sold out of their initial allocation of consoles.  I debate the extent of this 'pounding' except by those already inclined to hate MS.  Much like you can't debate win8 without XP users, linux users, and other people who couldn't give a rats ass about the actual benefits it offers...some people will just not be happy with anything MS does.

Heavy advertising for a console when it's not even available also isn't going to happen.  See any ads for Windows 8.1?  IE11?  No?  That about sums it up really.

When we're either much closer to launch or there're products on the shelves I'd expect to see ads.

You have to do something different sometimes...

Sure the XB1 isn't out yet, but everyone (not I), seems to have a negative concept about it (most being bandwagon haters)

Yes they seem to have caught up, w/ Sony and are selling out of reserves just as quickly as The PS4 is now...

I see you've subscribed to the promotion of imaginary numbers.  We have no idea how many consoles either MS or Sony is selling.

I don't subscribe to the numbers but I try to look at things from every angle...  Rather things are true or false...

I try to dig for truth... and if I can't find it... I wait for the truth to come to the light...

I don't subscribe to the numbers but I try to look at things from every angle...  Rather things are true or false...

I try to dig for truth... and if I can't find it... I wait for the truth to come to the light...

You just said they caught up with Sony which I assume means they weren't selling as much as Sony were.  That would be imaginary numbers.

You seem to be presenting your case as if they already lost.

The only negativity I've come across outside of forums that wasn't related to the deceased DRM is people worried about a repeat of the RROD mess and people who aren't MS console fans to begin with.

I've even come across plenty of interest in their cloud functionality you've already dismissed.

I don't see the point.  MS will do what they need to do when they need to do it.

You just said they caught up with Sony which I assume means they weren't selling as much as Sony were.  That would be imaginary numbers.

You seem to be presenting your case as if they already lost.

The only negativity I've come across outside of forums that wasn't related to the deceased DRM is people worried about a repeat of the RROD mess and people who aren't MS console fans to begin with.

I've even come across plenty of interest in their cloud functionality you've already dismissed.

I don't see the point.  MS will do what they need to do when they need to do it.

True ... True...

I'm betting on the XB1.... already paid off... (thank mostly to amazon gift cards & credit card points...)

Would love to also get a PS4 as well... but 2 out of my 3 kids are still very young... and don't want to miss them growing up...