• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 roosevelt

roosevelt

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 11 July 2013 - 20:40

Hi,

Are there any good Drag and Drop software builder? I am looking for a solution similar to http://www.smartclie...sualbuilder.jsp but something much more easier to setup or use. And opensource license would be a big plus.

Basically, I would design or develop a specific workflow and UI. And the system will take those diagram and convert them to programming language like JAVA, PHP, C#, whatever.

Are there any such solution?

#2 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 11 July 2013 - 21:01

What kind of application are you developing and what platform are you targeting? For a simple forms-over-data application targeting Windows Desktop, Visual Studio Lightswitch is the closest thing I can think of, but it's not exactly just drag and drop. I'm afraid if you're developing anything relatively custom, writing code in text files is still how it's getting done in 2013.

#3 +Karl L.

Karl L.

xorangekiller

• Tech Issues Solved: 15

Posted 11 July 2013 - 22:27

Have you tried Illumination Software Creator? I have never used it since I am fluent in a number of programming languages and typically work much lower level, but I have heard that it works very well. It also passes the open-source test, although the developer would love a donation if you like the software.

#4 OP roosevelt

roosevelt

Neowinian

Posted 12 July 2013 - 19:42

I am going to try tinkering around. The problem is I am on Mac, so I am not sure which Unix/Linux distribution I should be using to compile the Illumination Software Creator o.O!

#5 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 12 July 2013 - 20:02

I am going to try tinkering around. The problem is I am on Mac, so I am not sure which Unix/Linux distribution I should be using to compile the Illumination Software Creator o.O!

Why would you want to compile it? There are builds for Mac available on the download page.

#6 OP roosevelt

roosevelt

Neowinian

Posted 12 July 2013 - 20:42

Thanks ASIK. The downloads buttons are grey, so I did not realize they were download links... I was browsing through Github! :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!