7 posts in this topic

Posted

It

Posted

the pavement is Too darn hot. I can say i would not be one to try something like this as I would never want to go outside with temps that high.

Posted

someone there should open a bar & grill :p

Posted

They can't be serious if they mean that North America is the hottest place on earth. I'm pretty sure some places in Africa or South America are much hotter, even if not on record. Even here in India-Pakistan region, regular temps in the lower 40s are common in mid summers and a lot of people die of heatstrokes annually. The higest temperature recorded in Pakistan was 56 degree Celsius (132.8 degrees Fahrenheit) in Sibi about a decade ago and people actually live there, so I imagine the hottest day in uninhabitable places like the Saharas get much hotter than that.

2 people like this

Posted

They can't be serious if they mean that North America is the hottest place on earth. I'm pretty sure some places in Africa or South America are much hotter, even if not on record. Even here in India-Pakistan region, regular temps in the lower 40s are common in mid summers and a lot of people die of heatstrokes annually. The higest temperature recorded in Pakistan was 56 degree Celsius (132.8 degrees Fahrenheit) in Sibi about a decade ago and people actually live there, so I imagine the hottest day in uninhabitable places like the Saharas get much hotter than that.

why is that hard to believe? America has nearly every climate you can find, and that includes extremely hot deserts such as Death Valley. Im not sure why you don't think it cant be hot here, your not making much of an argument. Death Valley is not only a desert but its also one of the lowest places on earth, which is why it gets so hot. It is about as extreme as a desert gets even if it is in North America.

Posted

It's just a technicality.  Death Valley has the highest temp ever directly recorded, but the highest observed was in Iran, 159+ F.

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/climate-weather/photos/10-of-the-hottest-places-on-earth/dasht-e-lut-iran

1 person likes this

Posted

don't for get the bacon ...