Just got back into computer gaming

So I recently just bought a new PC, it was either that or the new Xbox, I figured I'd get a new PC since I use it more.

Pretty good so far. Battlefield 3 I can play at full 1080 with everyone on ultra.

I made a topic on here about a controller, I am picking up a 360 type controller, I cannot play good at all on PC in that game.

Also, why does it lag so much? Xbox, no problem. PC, lag after lag.

It's been years since I played FPS on PC so maybe stuff has change.

Edit: also can I view my FPS in battlefield? It seems like its playing better and smoother then my 360.

My Internet speeds are 20down 5up give or take. I played on severs with pings of 50 and less. And they still lagged.

So I recently just bought a new PC, it was either that or the new Xbox, I figured I'd get a new PC since I use it more.

Pretty good so far. Battlefield 3 I can play at full 1080 with everyone on ultra.

I made a topic on here about a controller, I am picking up a 360 type controller, I cannot play good at all on PC in that game.

Also, why does it lag so much? Xbox, no problem. PC, lag after lag.

It's been years since I played FPS on PC so maybe stuff has change.

Edit: also can I view my FPS in battlefield? It seems like its playing better and smoother then my 360.

My Internet speeds are 20down 5up give or take. I played on severs with pings of 50 and less. And they still lagged.

The keyboard/mouse have so much more precision than a controller, so expect to die often and not get many kills. :P Just being realistic.

I am not entirely sure what lag you are receiving if you have a ping of 50ms. This article shows what ports you need to open. They are:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127

UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

Hit the ~ key and type "render.drawfps 1" (minus quotations) to show FPS.