18 posts in this topic

Posted

[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YU2m3xf99R4  [/media]

5 people like this

Posted

I cant believe the people running the news fell for this :huh: As tragic as the plane crash was, this is pretty funny.

1 person likes this

Posted

lol

Posted

The lady at the end, she's like... shit.

Posted

Almost wishing the incident was actually a satirical work of fiction, I'd feel better for having laughed at this.

Posted

3v60q0.jpg

Posted

At 5:30 PM today, KTVU executive Wi So Dum made an official apology for the unprofessional broadcast. He also stated that news anchor Wun Dum Ho will be? suspended without pay, effective immediately.

1 person likes this

Posted

TV news should pay astronomical amounts of money for that crap: it was disrespectful, false and it causes a very bad image to fellow reporters and journalists, you know, the people who are really trying to find the truth and to show information to the people, not this crap.

Posted

Am I going.to hell for.laughing at that?

Posted

OMG I just can't believe someone would joke with something like this. It is funny nonetheless.

Posted

News anchors are just parrots. There's that segment on Conan where they compile all the news anchors reading the exact same story word for word. No journalism happening. Go on air and read what they are given.

Posted

when i saw this, it reminded me of this!   LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XMr3QO2Sbc

I don't know how he kept a straight face. I could have never done it.

Posted

Only in America!

Posted

I love it when people get these fake names on the air, like "Anita Lai", and "Craven Morkoc".

This is probably the best instance ever though :)

News anchors are just parrots. There's that segment on Conan where they compile all the news anchors reading the exact same story word for word. No journalism happening. Go on air and read what they are given.

Most of those stories on the teleprompter, and even in most print, mostly come from the AP and Reuters. Everyone gets the exact same story, and then they reword the information (or some of the information) contained into their "own" story. From magazines, to news websites, to bloggers, to newspapers, to TV...

It's a sad state of affairs.

1 person likes this

Posted

I chuckled, but I guess this shouldn't come as a big surprise.. potential lawsuit. 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/14/travel/asiana-offensive-names/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

"Asiana identified the pilot at the controls of the Boeing 777 that undershot its approach and clipped a sea wall before crash-landing on the runway as Lee Kang-Kuk. There were two other pilots in the cockpit at the time of the accident."

Kang-Kuk ... Can Cook .... well damn, there's some bad luck with names.

he crashed and cooked all those people