• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Original Poster

Original Poster

Systems Developer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Android

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:07

hey I was just wondering if it is possible (which i assume it is) to torrent from command line ? and if so whats the easiest way to do it ? get the torrents to the machine (wget i assume) and then managing them ?

#2 hjf288

hjf288

Korean Crazy Man!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:10

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTorrent

#3 yxz

yxz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:24

http://en.wikipedia....Torrent_client)

"A built-in web server so that users can control Transmission remotely via the web (using RPC or WebUI)"

#4 +Karl L.

Karl L.

xorangekiller

• Tech Issues Solved: 15

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:31

In addition to its web UI and GUI, Transmission has a command-line interface. Deluge has a similar capability. They are both very easy to use, so the choice mostly comes down to features and preference. On Debian or Ubuntu you can install transmission-cli or deluge-console depending on which client you prefer. The man pages for both console clients provide excellent documentation.

However if the main reason you are searching for a console interface for a torrent client is because you are planning on running it on a headless machine - not because you would much prefer a console interface - you should consider using a client with a web UI instead. Once again both Transmission and Deluge are excellent choices. If you expose the Deluge daemon in addition to (or instead of) the web UI, you can also connect the Deluge GUI on another machine to your headless instance. If you are running Debian or Ubuntu transmission-daemon, deluge-webui, or deluged are the packages you may need.

#5 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:51

Lol I interpreted as some illness related to torrenting.

But I think rTorrent does that.