Johnny Depp Will Return to Star in 'Alice in Wonderland' 2

229.png

Johnny Depp is in final negotiations to return as The Mad Hatter in Disney?s ?Alice in Wonderland 2.?

Though it was not a film many remember as being, well, good, Disney?s ?Alice in Wonderland? was a huge success for the studio, bringing in over $1 billion. With those kinds of numbers, a sequel is almost a guarantee and Disney quickly mobilized plans for an ?Alice in Wonderland 2,? despite the fact that Tim Burton had no interest in returning (?The Muppets? director, James Bobin, was brought in as a replacement).

But Deadline is reporting that Depp does have an interest in returning and is close to sealing a deal to come back for the sequel. This would come after Depp stars in ?Pirates of the Caribbean 5? for Disney.

Depp?s return for ?Alice in Wonderland 2? is a surprising one, mostly because many assumed that Depp wouldn?t return without Burton. But, possibly looking to get back into franchise mode after the failure of ?The Lone Ranger,? Depp will indeed return to anchor yet another ?Alice? film. It?s unclear how much Depp will be paid for the film but considering he was paid north of $20 million for ?Lone Ranger,? we?ll assume he?s getting a pretty penny for ?Alice in Wonderland 2.?

http://screencrush.com/johnny-depp-alice-in-wonderland-2/

He is such a good actor why does he keep doing these stupid ass roles!  Him and that damn Tim Burton!

Because he enjoys weird roles, and because he can. And because he so fits in weird roles.

That said, how is there a sequel...

I agree The Lone Ranger didn't do it for me.. looked great but I came out of the theater with a headache and confused some.

+1 The original should've been called "Johnny in wonderland" and the sequel should be "Johnny in wonderland 2", they focused way too much on the mad hatter in the first one, just because of Johnny Depp.

Strictly speaking the first film was a "sequel" because Alice was returning to Wonderland.