Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

fox X-Force (201x)

18 posts in this topic

227.png

This past week or so, we?ve been ?off camera,? chasing rumours that Fox are on the verge of announcing plans for their extended X-Men movie universe. We were tipped off that they will ? unsurprisingly ? be using their panel at Comic-Con as the launch pad.

We did know already that Brian Singer will be there in San Diego, presenting X-Men: Days Of Future Past, a film which already brings together ? if indeed they were ever apart ? the previous X-Men movie timelines.

We?re still not sure which titles will make up the studio?s new mutant-based movie line, though X-MenFilms.com have uncovered one domain registration that?s pretty much a smoking gun. According to the who is registration info they?ve dug up, Fox have an X-Force The Movie URL registered and ready to roll.

226.png

Fox?s Hall H panel kicks off at 4.15 Pacific on Saturday July 20th.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/12/fox-to-use-comic-con-as-launching-pad-for-wider-x-men-universe-x-force-film-included/

A mutant strike force. 'nuff said!!

Current Members -

Cable Team: Boom Boom, Cable, Colossus, Doctor Nemesis, Domino, Forge

Uncanny Team: Cluster, Fantomex, Psylocke, Puck, Spiral, Storm

Though a long list of characters have transitioned through the team including Wolverine, Archangel, Deadpool, Nightcrawler, Deathlok, and Cyclops.

http://hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kick-ass-2-filmmaker-tackling-584655

Jeff Wadlow, who is readying for the Aug. 16 release of Kick-Ass 2, has been tapped to write an adaptation of X-Force, an X-Men spinoff being developed by 20th Century Fox.

The news comes on the heels of various blogs reporting Friday that the studio registered X-ForceMovie.com a few months ago.

Longtime X-Men franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner is producing X-Force.

Wadlow is writing with an eye to direct.

X-Force, created by Rob Liefeld, was a spinoff from Marvel Comics flagship Uncanny X-Men released in 1991. Its first issue set records when it sold 5 million copies. (The record was surpassed later that year when X-Men No. 1, drawn by Jim Lee, sold 8 million issues.)

The original lineup of the team comprised several characters from the first Uncanny X-Men spinoff, The New Mutants, teens who had matured into young adults. Also in the lineup was Cable, a militant leader from the future who is related to X-Men heroes Cyclops and Jean Grey. His body is enhanced by robotic parts, and he has telekinetic powers as well.

X-Force has been rebooted a couple of times in the past decade, and there are now two comics in the marketplace: Uncanny X-Force and Cable and X-Force.

Wadlow wrote and directed Kick-Ass 2, the sequel to the violent and funny 2010 hit based on the comic books by Mark Millar and John S. Romita Jr. He also recently wrote two episodes of A&E?s hit show Bates Motel.

Wadlow also is writing an adaptation of Bloodshot, based on the Valiant comic, that is set up at Sony.

I never expected this to turn into a live action movie. Nice to see that Marvel is looking at other X-Men books for live action adaptations. Can't wait to see which members they'll use for the X-Force team

Sorry, but this is starting to read like it's going to be some sort of X-men, type deal :shiftyninja:

Lol, that's because it is. The idea behind the original X-Force:

X-Force was created by illustrator Rob Liefeld after he started penciling the New Mutants, vol. 1 comic book in 1989 with #86. The popularity of Liefeld?s art led to him taking over the writing and drawing duties on the book, which allowed him to introduce Cable and several other new hard-edged characters in 1990 and 1991. With help from writer Fabian Nicieza, who provided the dialogue for Liefeld?s plots, Liefeld transformed the New Mutants into X-Force in New Mutants, vol. 1 #100, the book's final issue. Liefeld and Nicieza launched X-Force, vol. 1 in August 1991. Rob Liefeld obtained the name for the series from an unknown artist at a convention a few months prior to its release. With the aid of a multiple-variant poly-bagged card, the book sold a record 5 million copies, and remains the second highest selling American comic book of all time, surpassed only by Jim Lee's X-Men book that same summer with 8 million copies. The original line-up of the team included Boom Boom, Cable, Cannonball, Domino, Feral, Shatterstar and Warpath. In later issues, X-Force's roster would include Siryn, Rictor and Sunspot.

Currently there are several teams of the X-Force, each having their own reason to why they formed their own X-Force team.

x-force. this brings absolutely no response of any kind from me.

i remember when it was first drawned by rob liefeld. he only need to draw one side of a pect and part of the chest muscle of one character, and it will be more than enough to cover one whole comic page. i suppose that's why some of the characters drawn by him were squatting on most of the panels all the time. and i thought that was freakin hilarious. lmfao. always made me smile whenever i visited the comic shop. never like or collect any of his comics, though. not my cup o tea.

I don't really like his stuff either. Loads of stuff looked out of proportion as well. That doesn't mean that other artists are doing great work with the characters he came up with though.

<merged threads>

I started a similar thread earlier in the day

Didn't even see that one :p I'm really hoping to see Cable in this one and maybe even his current X-Force team. At least one of his teams because we already have a series of movies with Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

Fox are certainly bringing the game to Marvel :p

Could X-FORCE Film Merge 90s/Modern Lineups?

In an interview at Comic-Con with writer/director Jeff Wadlow, Slashfilm of course asked about his current writing project, X-Force. The spin-off of the X-Men films has gotten a lot of attention for a movie that only has about a third of a first-draft script written, and a lot of speculation centers around the characters that will be included. According to Wadlow, that's part of the fun, and he hints that it will be some merger of the 90s line-up created and made popular by Rob Liefeld, and the modern line-up made popular by Rick Remender.

"Oh yeah. I love the current incarnation, UNCANNY X-FORCE. I love what Rob did in the nineties. I remember buying X-FORCE #1 and what I?ve really loved about the announcement that we are working on the movie is how excited people are by the potential, but also how curious they are like ?What?s the line up?? What?s interesting with X-MEN, I mean they have an iconic lineup, so you know who is going to be in that movie, but X-FORCE it?s like ?Who is it going to be?? I love that people are guessing."

Meanwhile, Fox's "X-Men Creative Guide" comic book writer Mark Millar hinted that there will be at least five core members to their line-up, adding "People are going to be dissecting every name as it gets released, so it?s will be so cool when you have your five."

X-Force creator Rob Liefeld has been active on twitter since meeding with Wadlow, but isn't letting too many hints through. He did say, however, not to think of "five" as "gospel," rather as a core group or a guideline.

For our money, Newsarama would love to see a mixture of characters like Cable, Deadpool, Psylocke, Shatterstar, and Fantomex (you know, if we had to throw five out there off the top of our heads) with X-23 as our #6 - a Wolverine-like character, but also another female. Several former New Mutants, Wolverine, the list to choose from goes on and on.

Source: Newsarama

Sounds nice and all but it's a bummer that Fox can get all the X-men characters into their movies that way :p Though, if they do it right it doesn't really matter of course. Either way, his idea sounds pretty cool.

Yeah I am intrigued by it

What will make this interesting is the characters.  Which will they choose. The original team or a new hybrid team.  Deadpool and domino will translate well into real life with some origin rewrite.  I would love for them to do a New Mutants movie that they get their ass handed to them then they turn into X-force and kick ass with Cable or Bishop in lead.

Director Jeff Wadlow has been happy to chat about his planned X-Force movie while promoting Kick-Ass 2...but he's been pretty good at avoiding specifics. That continues in an interview with Den Of Geek, although when asked which team members we might possibly see, he does hint that the team will be made up of characters from the very first incarnation, and the Wolverine led Uncanny X-Force. "All I can say is this: I bought X-Force #1 when I was a kid, I've read the recent run of Uncanny X-Force which I thought was fantastic, but other than that I just can't comment on the line-up or anything yet". Between this and some of the things he's said previously, I think it's a safe enough bet that we'll see classic team staples such as Cable, Domino and maybe Sunspot (since he'll be appearing in X-Men: Days Of Future Past) combined with some of the hard cases from Rick Remender's run -- but which ones? Wadlow also comments on the movie's place Fox's X-universe. "Oooh, let's see, what can I say? Let me put it like this. It will seamlessly exist in the X-Men cinematic universe, but it's not a sequel."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=85632

Oh man, I really hope they're going for members of the classic team. That would mean we'll finally get a live action Cable. And pretty neat that he's a fan of the comic. Must feel great for him to be able to create his own story of it.

post-15395-0-93296900-1386180441.png

post-15395-0-58100600-1386180448.png