video

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,187 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 16:12

I just can't believe the number of comments on youtube saying the police are in the wrong. If I am armed and an owner losses control of his ROTTWEILER and it gets aggressive JUMPS at me! I'm going to shoot it. You do not want to **** around with a rottweiler.

All of those people saying the cops are in the wrong and how they are evil and blah blah blah, I want to put them in a room with a ###### off rottweiler and shut the door.

Attached Images

• Capture.JPG

#2 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,737 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 13 July 2013 - 16:16

They have laws about this in Florida. I think it's called "Stand your Hound."

#3 Original Poster

Original Poster

Systems Developer

• 3,022 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 13 July 2013 - 16:20

they should have let the guy control the dog... ive seen people get shot...ive shot animals my self...but you just killed a mans best friend in front of him... and left it to suffer and die slowly and that is sick

#4 +devHead

devHead

Get Off The Bandwagon, Put Down The Handbook

• 2,818 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 521

Posted 13 July 2013 - 16:23

Yeah, I think if I was in the cop's position, I also would have dropped the dog like third period French.  That dog could've done some serious damage.  The owner should have rolled the windows up enough so the dog couldn't escape.

#5 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,529 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 16:27

Un-arrest the guy, tell him to take control of his dog, or even shoot warning shots into the air to spook the animal.

'MERIKA way: shoot to kill first, ask questions later.

#6 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,737 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 13 July 2013 - 16:28

Un-arrest the guy, tell him to take control of his dog, or even shoot warning shots into the air to spook the animal.

'MERIKA way: shoot to kill first, ask questions later.

lol, because a dog knows what a warning shot is.

#7 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,187 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 16:32

or even shoot warning shots into the air to spook the animal.

I'm sure it says in the police hand book "If dog is trying maul your arm off, shoot a warning shot and maybe he'll stop"

#8 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 18:14

Wow. Shocking how poorly that situation was handled by the police.

#9 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,079 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 18:20

So, police illegally arrest a guy for quite legally filming them, his dog tries to protect its master, and they kill it without even giving the guy a chance to control it.

Not only that, but they also leave it to writhe in agony as it dies.

I hope they're fired.

#10 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 11,118 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 18:24

Its certainly sad it had to come to that, but hesitating when faced with a dog like that isn't going to lead to a better outcome. Likely a cop would've been hurt and then they'd shoot it anyhow.

#11 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 18:24

So, police illegally arrest a guy for quite legally filming them, his dog tries to protect its master, and they kill it without even giving the guy a chance to control it.

I hope they're fired.

Not even that some reports on outlets say he was arrested because of the volume of music playing from his car and walking too close to a crime scene. :rolleyes:

Officers handcuffed bystander Leon Rosby, 52, after he walked close to the scene with an 80-pound Rottweiler on a “long leash-line," creating “an increasingly dangerous situation,” the Hawthorne Police Department said in statement.

Utterly ridiculous.

Also seems like there could be more to it:

"Gulden told The Times that police were retaliating against Rosby for a lawsuit filed in March against the department, alleging excessive use of force and false imprisonment in a July 2012 incident.

According to the lawsuit’s complaint, officers beat Rosby at his home and in jail after responding to a domestic quarrel call made by Rosby’s wife.

All charges against Rosby, 52, stemming from last year’s incident were dropped, Gulden said, calling the argument between the couple that prompted the call a "misunderstanding.""Gulden said one of the officers at Sunday’s incident in Hawthorne had been on duty during Rosby’s alleged beating last year and recognized him as a “troublemaker.”

#12 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

• 1,870 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 18:27

I hope they're fired.

They won't. US police are pretty damn corrupt.

#13 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

.NET Developer

• 3,041 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 18:32

I hope they're fired.

While it was inhumane to let it suffer like that ( and it breaks my heart to see the dog shot), the dog did lunge at the officer, it is clearly in the video.  What response would you have?  Mace it?  Taze it?  I had my rotts walk through an electrified fence, yelp, and keep going.  I had them ignore shock collars.  I doubt mace would have done much.

I had to pull one of my rotts off an animal in a blood craze.  It took a shotgun butt to the nose to dislodge them from the throat of one of our goats.  Warning shot?  Ignored.  Water?  ignored.  Me kicking and punching it?  ignored.

#14 +djdanster

djdanster

Neowin elite

• 3,200 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White Frost

Posted 13 July 2013 - 18:43

The man was hardly resisting arrest so the logical thing to do would have been to let the man go and put his dog back in the car.

I know it's near the very end, but as soon as the dog started rolling in pain I couldn't watch any more. It just felt so sick.

Nothing, not even the worst creatures in life deserve to be in pain like he/she clearly was  :cry:.

Hopefully that cops ass is handed to him. I mean, seriously what's wrong with the music at that level during the day? I could understand at 11pm onwards, but seriously WTF?! And last time I saw, it was legal to film the police in the US...

#15 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,369 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 19:07

Fair play, the dog went for them.  Unarrest the guy?  Get real.