xbox xbox one drm microsoft flexibility digital downloads media

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 duddit2

duddit2

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:39

Lets not forget the used game market under such a scheme would create additional revenue for studios, hence the willingness to allow family sharing. I was quoted above with the reply being that long distance sharing is the main new difference, i ask you though how much will this be an issue in terms of big numbers, my guess is not very much.

#47 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:47

Oh ok. :) Well who knows - if the same game was being made for PS4 and XboxOne (stupid name :s) then why would the Xbox One version will be gimped? They don't gimp PS3 versions today because Sony gives them away with PS+.

Maybe we will have to DLC to get more from the single player?  Maybe we will just lose the focus on single player even for the PS4 and they will just add more focus on Multi-Player (which I do not care one bit about).

They really should have provided more details about this.  Because if it is what people are DREAMING it will be, game companies would have a fit.

I fail to see how Microsoft would get away with making this how the community wants it to be.  I think it will be severely restricted.  Like how easy will it be to add people to your 10 member sharing list?  Are friends allowed?  Will it be for Gold subscribers only, or will it require an additional fee?  Will it bother you wanting you to buy it throughout the game?

Not to mention the developer's reactions, but the cost of the bandwidth would probably be tough on Microsoft.

#48 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 15 July 2013 - 13:04

Maybe we will have to DLC to get more from the single player?  Maybe we will just lose the focus on single player even for the PS4 and they will just add more focus on Multi-Player (which I do not care one bit about).

They really should have provided more details about this.  Because if it is what people are DREAMING it will be, game companies would have a fit.

I fail to see how Microsoft would get away with making this how the community wants it to be.  I think it will be severely restricted.  Like how easy will it be to add people to your 10 member sharing list?  Are friends allowed?  Will it be for Gold subscribers only, or will it require an additional fee?  Will it bother you wanting you to buy it throughout the game?

Not to mention the developer's reactions, but the cost of the bandwidth would probably be tough on Microsoft.

You're naive if you think MS hadn't already thrashed out all the red tape before announcing this. This was an innovation partly led by the publishers themselves.

#49 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 15 July 2013 - 13:10

You're naive if you think MS hadn't already thrashed out all the red tape before announcing this. This was an innovation partly led by the publishers themselves.

Yeah I love how the general population love to think that the people who run these teams and develop the features aren't actually gamers themselves and just nasty people trying to take their money.

I can imagine how heated the discussions will of been in-house about family-sharing and the online model.

#50 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 15 July 2013 - 13:15

Just like they sorted out and planned all of their official statements regarding anything Xbox One related before the May reveal or E3?  :rolleyes:

Didn't almost every Microsoft spokesperson (including Major N) use phrases like "we're still ironing out the details" or "it's still not fully baked" when they were talking about various features of the Xbox One? Or the phrase that trumps all questions but still gives them time to discuss/change/implement features; "we're not talking about that yet. We'll release details in the future as we get closer to launch."

#51 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 15 July 2013 - 13:21

Just like they sorted out and planned all of their official statements regarding anything Xbox One related before the May reveal or E3?  :rolleyes:

Didn't almost every Microsoft spokesperson (including Major N) use phrases like "we're still ironing out the details" or "it's still not fully baked" when they were talking about various features of the Xbox One? Or the phrase that trumps all questions but still gives them time to discuss/change/implement features; "we're not talking about that yet. We'll release details in the future as we get closer to launch."

The whole Xbox One announcement was pretty much "we're not talking about that yet", but "trust us its amazing". Then anyone showing any skepticism was branded or shot dead for not swallowing up the PR speak without thinking for themselves or asking questions. It definitely goes down as one of the craziest E3 console launches with rumours being branded false that end up true, details hardly spoken about in regards to features that are apparently "game changing" (why would you not trumpet the **** out of such apparent gold mines?), a huge 180 on those supposed game changers, and then staff members jumping ship.

Then of course the blame of all that lies with "PS fanboys".