Photo

George Zimmerman has been found not guilty!

george zimmerman

• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#1 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:37

The jury in the State of Florida has found George Zimmerman not guilty!

zimmerman.jpg

Source

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

#2 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

• 6,697 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:40

Good. The jury didnt buy their BS and they did exactly what should have been done. They're was still doubt so they did not meet their burden.

#3 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• 3,670 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:43

Never should have been charges to begin with. What a sham.

#4 OP Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:44

He may be free, but actually he's not. Zimmerman is going to have be in hiding for the rest of his life. I wouldn't doubt for the least, they're people who are currently planning to kill him.

#5 heatlesssun

heatlesssun

Neowinian

• 277 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:46

Congratulations Mr. Zimmerman. This one didn't get away. I can accept the jury's decision from a legal standpoint but there are a lot of concerns raised by this verdict. This verdict seems to validate that a person can target another person, start a confrontation by following that second person that is harming no one and not committing any criminal activity at the time, get into a fight, pull a gun an shoot them, claim self-defense and that's that. Of course with better physical evidence or better eyewitness testimony than in this case it might not always be an easy proposition to claim self-defense, but the bar seems to be incredibly low now when on person can just walk away with minor injuries and the other person ends up dead.

#6 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

• 6,697 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:46

He may be free, but actually he's not. Zimmerman is going to have be in hiding for the rest of his life. I wouldn't doubt for the least, they're people who are currently planning to kill him.

I hope he personally owns TV networks and organizations for slander and defamation of character.

Especially nancy grace. She's an idiot, who spewed pure hatred. And NBC for editing the 911 call.

#7 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• 3,670 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:50

This verdict seems to validate that a person can target another person, start a confrontation by following that second person that is harming no one and not committing any criminal activity at the time, get into a fight, pull a gun an shoot them, claim self-defense and that's that.

Yes, its perfectly legal to verbally confront someone on the street. If they choose to violently attack you for doing so and threaten your life, you can shoot them in self defense. I really don't get why this is blowing people's minds so much.

#8 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 8,934 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:50

Justice prevails.

#9 Deihmos

Deihmos

Neowinian

• 819 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:51

I don't buy this self defense BS. Why did he follow the kid and why would a 17 year old attack someone holding a gun while they are on the way home? I am convinced that he wanted to shoot someone and a neighborhood watch is suppose to do just that...watch. I hope his life is miserable. 

#10 necroxd

necroxd

Neowinian

• 366 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:51

Yes, its perfectly legal to verbally confront someone on the street. If they choose to violently attack you for doing so and threaten your life, you can shoot them in self defense. I really don't get why this is blowing people's minds so much.

Makes sense to me.

#11 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• 3,670 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:55

I don't buy this self defense BS.

That's alright, fortunately the jury did.

#12 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 8,934 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:57

I don't buy this self defense BS. Why did he follow the kid and why would a 17 year old attack someone holding a gun while they are on the way home? I am convinced that he wanted to shoot someone and a neighborhood watch is suppose to do just that...watch. I hope his life is miserable. 

Zimmerman wasn't brandishing his weapon, and Trayvon got the jump on him. I think the court has already spoken to the facts of the case.

#13 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 16,981 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:58

I hope he personally owns TV networks and organizations for slander and defamation of character.

Especially nancy grace. She's an idiot, who spewed pure hatred. And NBC for editing the 911 call.

Precisely!! This prosecution was all about defusing the post-incident situation and getting the likes of Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, New Black Panthers etc. out of town. Pure politics. Nothing else.

This puts NBC and ABC news in a VERY bad place for their editing of the 911 calls and police station videp. They're gonna pay bigtime - might as well settle now.

And -

TOLD YOU SO!!

#14 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• 3,670 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:58

Zimmerman wasn't brandishing his weapon, and Trayvon got the jump on him. I think the court has already spoken to the facts of the case.

The anti-Zimmerman crowd waved bye-bye to the actual facts of the case long, long ago.

#15 Deihmos

Deihmos

Neowinian

• 819 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:59

I don't buy it. The police officers told him not to follow the kid but yet he did and he killed him as a result. The kid was on his way home from the store carrying ice tea. I don't buy self defense for a minute.