George Zimmerman has been found not guilty!

Sorry what?

In a GATED community that had recently been BURGLED by a BLACK MALE, and Trayvon JUMPED the gates and was TRESPASSING I think Zimmerman had every right to be suspicious.

So you are telling me if you had jumped a gated community fence you would have beaten Zimmerman to unconsciousness just because he was following you?

The gun didn't even come into play until Trayvon started bouncing Zimmermans head off the floor, so you can stop that BS right now.

He's trying to make himself out to be a victim and has been this entire thread. Can't let little things like facts get in the way of that.

He's trying to make himself out to be a victim and has been this entire thread. Can't let little things like facts get in the way of that.

Facts were invented by the white man to keep the black man down.

Looks like hes holding a s&w sw9ve. Cheap gun with a crappy trigger.

I resent that. I mean when I bought the gun I felt like should give it a twenty and meet it behind the dumpster at Denny's but it has been the best gun I have ever owned. Plus you can fix the trigger thing easily.

I resent that. I mean when I bought the gun I felt like should give it a twenty and meet it behind the dumpster at Denny's but it has been the best gun I have ever owned. Plus you can fix the trigger thing easily.

Lol, people  have tried to trade me one for my xd's and glocks but I wont lol.

Lol, people have tried to trade me one for my xd's and glocks but I wont lol.

It's a great starter pistol and the heavy front hells with a follow up shot but yeah the trigger sucks, about to modify mine actually. Its actually my concealed carry and for backup up I have my ruger lcp.

Congratulations Mr. Zimmerman. This one didn't get away. I can accept the jury's decision from a legal standpoint but there are a lot of concerns raised by this verdict. This verdict seems to validate that a person can target another person, start a confrontation by following that second person that is harming no one and not committing any criminal activity at the time, get into a fight, pull a gun an shoot them, claim self-defense and that's that. Of course with better physical evidence or better eyewitness testimony than in this case it might not always be an easy proposition to claim self-defense, but the bar seems to be incredibly low now when on person can just walk away with minor injuries and the other person ends up dead.

dud you see the photos? apart from the gun shot the kid didnt have a scratch on him? but zimmerman was beaten to a pulp? 

In the UK every Tom, Dick and Harry isnt allowed to carry a gun! 

That's why in the UK, the stabbing is a tradition. People are saints without guns.

All that history of reporting, yet no altercations or guns fired before.  Is there any evidence of people filing complaints against him for it?

And I'm not suggesting Zimmerman necessarily set out to hurt him, let alone kill him. However, he has a history of targeting black people and using aggressive tactics?as well as assaulting a police officer?and that culminated in the death of Martin, a person guilty only of being in the neighbourhood the same time that Zimmerman was on "duty". The function of the criminal justice system is to protect society from dangerous elements and Zimmerman certainly qualifies in that regard. Zimmerman couldn't hack it as a police officer or a neighbourhood watch member so he decided to take matters into his own hands. It is therefore scandalous that he was let off all charges.

Society needed to be sent the message that vigilantism is unacceptable and that you cannot get away with killing people, especially not when it is based on the racial profiling of / overt racism against a historically persecuted race. Unfortunately the opposite message was given here. Welcome to the Wild West?.

And I'm not suggesting Zimmerman necessarily set out to hurt him, let alone kill him. However, he has a history of targeting black people and using aggressive tactics?as well as assaulting a police officer?and that culminated in the death of Martin, a person guilty only of being in the neighbourhood the same time that Zimmerman was on "duty". The function of the criminal justice system is to protect society from dangerous elements and Zimmerman certainly qualifies in that regard. Zimmerman couldn't hack it as a police officer or a neighbourhood watch member so he decided to take matters into his own hands. It is therefore scandalous that he was let off all charges.

Society needed to be sent the message that vigilantism is unacceptable and that you cannot get away with killing people, especially not when it is based on the racial profiling of / overt racism against a historically persecuted race. Unfortunately the opposite message was given here. Welcome to the Wild West?.

Don't forget that Society needs to be sent a message that if you are following someone(right or wrong), you need to sit there and let them beat you to death.

UPDATE:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/news/zimmerman-civil-rights-charges-142917019.html

DOJ urged to press civil rights charges against Zimmerman

Unsurprising.  Two rather UNfortunate examples - OJ and Robert Blake; both were found liable in civil cases AFTER being acquitted in the associated criminal cases.

If you can't win in one venue, try in another with a far lower burden of proof.

Don't forget that Society needs to be sent a message that if you are following someone(right or wrong), you need to sit there and let them beat you to death.

No, but it's better that Martin be alive in jail than lying dead in the morgue. Killing someone isn't justice.

Thanks for that link. If only more people would watch it.

Great video; unfortunately the yt comments are not only racial slur but it seems most of them are from people that didn't even saw the video, which is odd.

So, just to make sure that I'm not mischaracterizing what seems to be your blatantly, racist generalization, let me make sure I've got this straight. Any Black person who gets offended by anything, be it racist or not, is most certainly unemployed and 300 million people need to make way for them?

I would be offended by that comment. However, I  am fortunately employed. So, I will spare 300 million + people the need to move aside for me. That is all.

Edit: This is in response to God Like's comment back on page 14 that somehow failed to quote. Guess I found an IE11 issue.

Edit 2: Requoted:

Every week on the news some black person is offended and the whole country has to move aside for their sensitive unemployed ass

No, but it's better that Martin be alive in jail than lying dead in the morgue. Killing someone isn't justice.

So Zimmerman should have let Martin kill him.  THAT is justice in your book?

And don't even come back with Zimmerman wasn't in any danger, because you do not know (nor do I for that matter).  You judge with your emotions, instead of logic.

He may be free, but actually he's not. Zimmerman is going to have be in hiding for the rest of his life. I wouldn't doubt for the least, they're people who are currently planning to kill him.

And why would they risk going to jail just to off him... that sounds like the dumbest idea ever. People will sit here and protest this and by August 1st no one is going to give a ###### anymore, everyone will have forgotten about Treyvon..nothing will change and life will go on.

I hope he personally owns TV networks and organizations for slander and defamation of character.

Especially nancy grace. She's an idiot, who spewed pure hatred. And NBC for editing the 911 call.

No kidding - i'd sue the ever living ###### out of her. She should have her show yanked..

Yes, its perfectly legal to verbally confront someone on the street. If they choose to violently attack you for doing so and threaten your life, you can shoot them in self defense. I really don't get why this is blowing people's minds so much.

I guess what was suppose to happen was Zimmerman allow Treyvon to bash his head in and kill him and then it would have never been on the national state.

dud you see the photos? apart from the gun shot the kid didnt have a scratch on him? but zimmerman was beaten to a pulp? 

Sounds about right for someone who was on top of someone beating the crap out of the gun on the bottom (Zimmerman)

Couldn't have said it better myself - those protesting that its not fair or displeased with the verdict - look at how bad the prosecution sucked and look how race made a mockery of the case.

Zimmerman gained a considerable amount of weight from the beginning of the trial and to the end.

george-zimmerman.png?w=747&h=488

Damn they must have been feeding him well.

• Like 1

There's a big problem with the DoJ trying to bring a civil rights case - the FBI has already done an investigation of this and the report says no signs of racism etc. found. At all. Zip. In fact, he mentored minority kids and not even his coworkers could remember anythin to the contrary Oops.

Damn they must have been feeding him well.

it's probably the stress, I've notice that as well (mugshots from his beating and the shots from the end day of the trial).

Deihmos, on 13 Jul 2013 - 22:51, said:

why would a 17 year old attack someone holding a gun

Because Zimmerman wasn't holding it.

Florida doesn't have Open Carry, meaning your holster has to be fully concealed as in covered by a jacket or coat, inside your pants waistband (an IWB holster) or clothing (ex: a bra holster for females), in a fanny pack holster, under a pullover shirt or sweater etc. That's why they call it a concealed carry license.

Here in Michigan we do have the Open Carry option, but Florida doesn't. If I wanted I could wear a western style gunfighters rig with 2 Colt .45's. Zimmerman couldn't.

Occam's Razor would indicate his gun was holstered, and therefore concealed and invisible to Trayvon, before contact was made. Otherwise the state would have also charged him with Brandishing (waving it around) and a violation of the Concealment requirement.