Question about Android 4.2.2

After a while using the 4.2.2 update on my ZL one thing keeps bothering me with the lockscreen.

Before the update it was easy, you swipe up and thats it, you've unlocked the screen. Now after the update you can also swipe to the right (which opens the camera) and to the left where you can add your own widget of some kind and each time you do these "semi-transparent" squares come onto the screen, I absolutely despise this system, I don't need nor want either of those, is there a way to disable it? I've scrolled trough settings but can't seem to find anything about it. Imho it looks fugly and gives no extra functionality what so ever.

I'll say this, why aren't you using any form of security on your lockscreen? If it gets stolen then you've no-one to blame if they rack up tons of calls on it.

Change it to the pattern lockscreen, more secure and your gripe disappears

After a while using the 4.2.2 update on my ZL one thing keeps bothering me with the lockscreen.

Before the update it was easy, you swipe up and thats it, you've unlocked the screen. Now after the update you can also swipe to the right (which opens the camera) and to the left where you can add your own widget of some kind and each time you do these "semi-transparent" squares come onto the screen, I absolutely despise this system, I don't need nor want either of those, is there a way to disable it? I've scrolled trough settings but can't seem to find anything about it. Imho it looks fugly and gives no extra functionality what so ever.

I hate to break it to you, but that's not a stock Android 4.2.2 feature. That's custom software Sony put on (just like Samsung's TouchWiz, Motorola's Motoblur, and HTC's Sense UI). With stock Android, you have the lock in the middle that you can move to any edge of the encompassing circle to unlock the phone.

Edit: I misread part of it. The custom widget lock screens are a part of stock Android and as far as I know there is not a way to disable them without a third party app.

I'll say this, why aren't you using any form of security on your lockscreen? If it gets stolen then you've no-one to blame if they rack up tons of calls on it.

Change it to the pattern lockscreen, more secure and your gripe disappears

Even when using pattern it still remains. Secondly why should I even use something to get rid of something else? Google should have done this as an optional thing not force it on everybody, it looks ugly to begin with, secondly there's no point in it as everyone can see my emails or what ever is set as the widget etc.

The lockscreen policy app works but it kinda messes with the clock going from left to right in the lockscreen all the time :/

Even when using pattern it still remains. Secondly why should I even use something to get rid of something else? Google should have done this as an optional thing not force it on everybody, it looks ugly to begin with, secondly there's no point in it as everyone can see my emails or what ever is set as the widget etc.

The lockscreen policy app works but it kinda messes with the clock going from left to right in the lockscreen all the time :/

Uhh... because Google didn't design their mobile OS just for you? If you have a problem with it, download any of the multiple lock screen replacements available in the market. Android is built to be modified to your liking. It doesn't look ugly, it's not pointless. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean no one else does. Use a simple clock widget if you don't want personal information on the home screen.

Why not just load up another lockscreen? There are plenty to choose from. Try Active Lockscreen.  That one is pretty nice.

I just use HD Widgets with my lockscreen, I get the switches, clock and battery info I need and the security of the pattern lock.

x10g76.png     3447ak4.png

I also use the amazing 3D Image Live Wallpaper that gives you the same parallax effect in the new iOS 7 without having to buy the crappy phone :D