iPad Control for many TVs

Have a client that has a bar that wants to control about 20 TVs with an iPad. Each TV also has a tuner from DirecTV. So ~40 devices total.

Logitech already told me the Harmony Ultimate Hub cannot have multiple hubs attached to a single account, so thats out. 

Crestron is a little out of the budget.

I'm doing audio as well, and I have a plan for that, but one of the TVs has to tie into the audio system. Not worried about that end really, but if anyone has suggestions that would do audio as well, I'm open to hear them.

I know this a little outside of 'Home Theatre', but I figured I'd take a shot.

Call DirecTV and see if they help you out with that... they have their own app for iPad that you could control the DVR/TVs.

Note: Make sure they have smart TVs, that allows you to turn TVs on/off via an app. The app won't work on regular TVs but you can control DVRs.

Maybe, SmartHome kits that you can work with the regular TVs via modules. That they have an app that you controls the modules on any devices such as TVs, DVRs, lights, etc.

Call DirecTV and see if they help you out with that... they have their own app for iPad that you could control the DVR/TVs.

Note: Make sure they have smart TVs, that allows you to turn TVs on/off via an app. The app won't work on regular TVs but you can control DVRs.

Maybe, SmartHome kits that you can work with the regular TVs via modules. That they have an app that you controls the modules on any devices such as TVs, DVRs, lights, etc.

A good 15 of the TVs are not "smart". They don't want to replace them at this time. 

A good 15 of the TVs are not "smart". They don't want to replace them at this time. 

Then you will need modules from SmartHome (or other provider of your choice) for those TVs.

Then you will need modules from SmartHome (or other provider of your choice) for those TVs.

I've been looking at 'Roomie Remote' with some IR blasters. Seems like it will do the job, but I was looking for other suggestions. 

Thanks, I'll look into SmartHome stuff.

I have not heard of Roomie Remote...  I looked it up and it seems interesting.

I will test it out and see how it goes..  I am not sure if iPad have IR inside that let you control your devices via IR...  Since most 'smart' devices are controlled over the wireless network with an app that I mentioned. Which they are being used these days...

Early days in the past, we used the modules for standard devices that can be controlled via wireless based modules.  For example, lights, TV, fireplace, etc.

Good luck.

I have not heard of Roomie Remote...  I looked it up and it seems interesting.

I will test it out and see how it goes..  I am not sure if iPad have IR inside that let you control your devices via IR...  Since most 'smart' devices are controlled over the wireless network with an app that I mentioned. Which they are being used these days...

Early days in the past, we used the modules for standard devices that can be controlled via wireless based modules.  For example, lights, TV, fireplace, etc.

Good luck.

No, the iPad/iPhone doesn't have IR. They sell network connected devices to connect each device to an emitter and then to the network so your iDevice can see it. For this job I'm going to probably need a LOT of these, unfortunately, but it still comes out cheaper than every alternative I've seen.