Getting rid of belly fat

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 Kami-

Kami-

♫ d(-_-)b ♫

• 3,925 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:33

Used to be 15 stone (6ft 2in in height) then lost 2.5 stone over the course of 6 months doing indoor rowing 4 times a week, 30 minute sessions. It's supposed to be the best cardio workout, but my arms and wrists have got to the point where it's thin, showing veins as well but disappointingly my belly fat had only slightly slimmed down. I'm dead-center of Normal in the BMI chart now and usually eat what I want (including processed food) but with the aim of not trying to finish the plate.

Guess I gotta restart with the cardio to kill that remaining belly (and some thigh) fat but taking a break due to the heatwave in the UK right now!

The heatwave will help ;) get out there and run!

#47 TCA

TCA

Neowinian Senior

• 2,971 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3; Nexus 5

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:33

Switching to more vegetarian food, leafy vegetables, no egg yolk, proper gymming and running, is what worked for me. I have shredded lots of weight, and it took time to do that, but was worth it. Plus assuming you are an app developer, so i guess you spend lots of time on coding on your applications, sitting. So try to do "abs" exercises. Ask your gym coach for supervision. :)

Edit : comparison (before and after switch)

DicAcpa.jpg

Looking fit man!

#48 68k

Neowinian Senior

• 2,361 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:59

I would ride a bike instead of running - much more to see on the way, and easier on the knees. Go for a three hour ride at least. Don't go at your own pace - push yourself a bit. It would probably take twenty minutes to "warm-up".

#49 simrat

simrat

pooonjabi!

• 3,100 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5 (stock)

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:36

I would ride a bike instead of running - much more to see on the way, and easier on the knees. Go for a three hour ride at least. Don't go at your own pace - push yourself a bit. It would probably take twenty minutes to "warm-up".

I would recommend both, both have their own advantages, Cycling helps you shaping your thigh and calf muscle, makes them strong for sit-ups. On the other hand, Running affects your whole body, plus increases your overall stamina.

Looking fit man!

Thanks Mate :)

#50 ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• 2,848 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile)

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:00

Diet and exercise is the key to fat loss. The lower body fat you have the hard it takes to get rid of it. Keep the cardio up and eat less plus stay away from sugars and process foods when you can. If your having trouble losing weight then your caloric intake is too high. Start counting your calories in your food and you can abject the mood you need to loss fat.