Leaked image, specs may reveal HP

Leaked image, specs may reveal HP?s first Android smartphone, which looks just like an iPhone

hp-sign110818163149.jpg?w=618

Hewlett-Packard executive Su-yin Yam recently insisted HP is working on a new smartphone that will offer truly compelling differentiation compared to the current crop of devices on the market. Yam didn?t give any indication as to when such a device might launch, however, and CEO Meg Whitman noted late last year that HP likely won?t debut a smartphone in 2013. A new image published by PhoneArena supposedly reveals a new Android smartphone in the works at HP, however, suggesting that a device might launch sooner than we thought. Not much can be gleaned from the leaked image beyond what looks to be stock Android and a design that looks suspiciously like an iPhone 5, but a subsequent post from the blog claims to reveal the device?s specs.

Highlights from the phone?s specs include a 4.5-inch display with 900 x 1,600-pixel resolution, a quad-core Snapdragon processor clocked at 2GHz, a 15.4-megapixel rear camera, a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, 2GB of RAM and Android 4.2. The report also claims that the device is being referred to internally by the code-name ?HP Brave.?

hp-android-phone-leak.png?w=942

brave2.png?w=942

that render looks hideous, an iphone pasted with a stock android image. and that flare is so 90's...

• Like 3

Also i had, in 2008, an HP Phone (iPaq 500); never again; it had Windows Mobile Phone 5, was completely riddled with problems and the only support HP gave me was "please do a hard reset" or "please reinstall the ROM again, sorry".

that render looks hideous, an iphone pasted with a stock android image. and that flare is so 90's...

Sums it up fairly nicely, I think!

Pretty sure lens flare is the first thing anyone ever learns to use in Photoshop. :laugh:

I would never... ever ever ever NEVER buy an HP phone. Their products have been rather awful this past year at least. Most computers that would get returned to our store would be HP, half of those being unsellable due to having hardware issues and the like. They are not putting out the quality they once did many years back, and I certainly don't trust them, let alone be it for a phone where I'd have to RELY on them.

Pretty sure lens flare is the first thing anyone ever learns to use in Photoshop. :laugh:

I would never... ever ever ever NEVER buy an HP phone. Their products have been rather awful this past year at least. Most computers that would get returned to our store would be HP, half of those being unsellable due to having hardware issues and the like. They are not putting out the quality they once did many years back, and I certainly don't trust them, let alone be it for a phone where I'd have to RELY on them.

well i didn't say i bough it, my boss did and he regretted as much as i...

Offtopic: WTH is wrong with HP laptops lately? My clients are getting overheating issues with brand new HP laptops and when i see them i almost cry; it doesn't need a Post Doctored in Computer Science to learn that if a laptop's plastic casing doesn't have any exhaust vents (only a small one for CPU heatpipes that barely allows the flux of air), all those electronic components are gonna overheat and die a very hot and painful death...

Oh COME ON HP! Why couldn't you put those specs on a WebOS phone?  I hate you so much, I will NEVER buy your crap. 

Seriously, 2 years later and I still feel like a jilted lover over the WebOS fiasco. 

well i didn't say i bough it, my boss did and he regretted as much as i...

Offtopic: WTH is wrong with HP laptops lately? My clients are getting overheating issues with brand new HP laptops and when i see them i almost cry; it doesn't need a Post Doctored in Computer Science to learn that if a laptop's plastic casing doesn't have any exhaust vents (only a small one for CPU heatpipes that barely allows the flux of air), all those electronic components are gonna overheat and die a very hot and painful death...

Oh, I wasn't making any comment against you in regards to what you had, but just against the company in general.

I'm totally with you on the HP laptops though. Overheating, hardware issues like the disc drive not sliding back in properly, dead on arrivals, hard disk issues, the charging port just going out for no reason, and issues with Windows updating drivers causing it to not boot after restarting. They didn't use to be this bad...

Funny thing was, I just attended an HP conference on Sunday. I'd like to hope they've cleaned up their act because they're in a pretty sad state in terms of quality at the moment.

Oh, I wasn't making any comment against you in regards to what you had, but just against the company in general..

oh i know :)

I'm totally with you on the HP laptops though. Overheating, hardware issues like the disc drive not sliding back in properly, dead on arrivals, hard disk issues, the charging port just going out for no reason, and issues with Windows updating drivers causing it to not boot after restarting. They didn't use to be this bad...

Funny thing was, I just attended an HP conference on Sunday. I'd like to hope they've cleaned up their act because they're in a pretty sad state in terms of quality at the moment.

I have a direct relative that works in HP (consumer products) and she tells me that the Laptop / Desktop division is getting worse, the recall rate is massive.

Like you i hope they resolve this mess, but i just don't see that happening while some people that are in charge still allow this kind of bad PR and loss of sales.

Oh COME ON HP! Why couldn't you put those specs on a WebOS phone?  I hate you so much, I will NEVER buy your crap. 

Seriously, 2 years later and I still feel like a jilted lover over the WebOS fiasco. 

It would have still lag. WebOS has some serious design flaws. No one wants to wait 20 seconds for an app to ope

I had seen it coming. HP's quality has gone down the drain over the years and they seemed to be only pushing the stuff down our throats without worrying about service. I had written extensively about my painful ordeals with the dv9000 in 2007-2008 but HP India never bothered. The notebook had gone through 4 motherboard replacements within a span of 2 years. But HP India never even bothered to replace it even after my repeated pleas. And then when warranty ran out, they nicely slapped me by saying I had to shell out a cool 25% of the purchase cost for replacing motherboard. I had swore never to buy an HP product since then and today I feel proud at having taken a decision like that.