Tips on how to succesfully sell on Craigslist

I have used Craigslist for 3 years now and have been pretty successful at using it. I have had good and bad experiences with it.

Here are some tips on how to be successful at selling.

1, Have a clear and precise description, and don't use overly descriptive words like awesome, or cool.

2. Include clear and good pictures.  Make sure your photos are large, clear (not blurry) and the item in the picture looks good.

3. Create a description that describes the item, and any problems with it. Make sure you include the price at the bottom. Be precise and to point with your item description and don't over do it.

4. Absolutely do not put your phone number in your ad, because scammers will take it and possibly use it to give you scam telemarketing calls.

5  A must: Research the price of your item on eBay and then decide what would be reasonable to sell it at.

6. If your item is dusty, give it a quick vacuum or dusting.

7 . Craigslist has a renew item option, which will bump it back to the top, definitely use this. 

When dealing with buyers

1. Carefully read through buyers emails to make sure they are not scammers.

2. Be kind and be polite to them.

3. Consider offers they give you.

4. Don't harass them through email to see if they still want the item.

5. If the buyer decides to buy your item, ask them to meet in a public place, which is a must. 

6. Try to contact your buyer via phone, this is the best way to sell your item better.

7. Consider trades also, some buyers offer some cool things to trade which sometimes may be worth more than your item

8. Help the buyer out if the item is heavy or carry it for them.

If you have any tips or experiences using craigslist, share it here by replying!

oh craigslist. tried selling an older Samsung phone a few years ago,and a girl showed up. she offered to "date me" in exchange for the phone.

Well.. what happened? :P

• Like 2

oh craigslist. tried selling an older Samsung phone a few years ago,and a girl showed up. she offered to "date me" in exchange for the phone.

I don't know if would have been able to contain my "other" self.

Seems to contradict itself?

I meant descriptive words like awesome or cool.

I edited it to say overly-descriptive words. Some people call an item awesome or great to try to attract buyers in more. I have seen some things being sold with those kind of words they weren't "awesome" and its very deceptive.

Must find an old phone to sell!

• Like 3

I have sold several older systems on CL.  I always had them started up so the person could check it out and make sure everything worked and is what they wanted.  Never had someone call and complain later.

I have seen some things being sold with those kind of words they weren't "awesome" and its very deceptive.

You don't understand the word "descriptive".  It is possibly "emotive"...

Lol, I was going to suggest making sex references to sell items there, but in a way, vcfan already beat me to it.

On a more serious note, this is something my wife says, (sex sells, or add sex), make the item look or sound sexy in some form and people are more likely going to look at the very least.

I have used Craigslist for 3 years now and have been pretty successful at using it. I have had good and bad experiences with it.

Here are some tips on how to be successful at selling.

1, Have a clear and precise description, and don't use overly descriptive words like awesome, or cool.

2. Include clear and good pictures.  Make sure your photos are large, clear (not blurry) and the item in the picture looks good.

3. Create a description that describes the item, and any problems with it. Make sure you include the price at the bottom. Be precise and to point with your item description and don't over do it.

4. Absolutely do not put your phone number in your ad, because scammers will take it and possibly use it to give you scam telemarketing calls.

5  A must: Research the price of your item on eBay and then decide what would be reasonable to sell it at.

6. If your item is dusty, give it a quick vacuum or dusting.

7 . Craigslist has a renew item option, which will bump it back to the top, definitely use this. 

:shifty: OK, all done:

th?id=H.4713160775764834&pid=15.1&H=120&unwanted Baby, $100, buyer pays shipping