Windows 8.1 IE11 Custom Favorites Location Not Working?

So I change the default favorites location for IE favorites (among other things). I can see existing favorites and access them just fine. If I try to add a site to my favorites it does not work. According to Process Monitor it's still trying to access the default favorites location but it doesn't exist and fails. If I create the folder structure in the default location it will add new favorites to that place instead of where it's moved and I will never see it. Using the default location everything works great. It sounds like a bug that I should report, unless I'm doing something wrong. Anyone run into this or have it working with a custom location?

You don't need to do that anymore. I used to do that too, but Favorites are synced now so when you logon for the first time, they'll all just pull down.

You don't need to do that anymore. I used to do that too, but Favorites are synced now so when you logon for the first time, they'll all just pull down.

Only if you've logged in with a Microsoft account. To be fair the OP didn't mention the reason behind moving the location though syncing is a fair guess, can't imagine why else.

I pretty much move the location off the main drive so I can do a format without having to worry about making sure I back stuff up. I haven't looked at what's being synced. Maybe I don't need to move it anymore (using a MS account). Regardless, it still seems like a bug.