• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#106 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 17 July 2013 - 17:11

http://uk.ign.com/ar...rnet-connection

Oh dear. Ship unfinished game on the disk and just make people download the rest on day one.

So much for the amazing Xbox SDK, Dev tools which allow developers to make games quickly and easily.

Also love the ridiculous comparisons Microsoft likes to keep making. When I buy a fridge I get the whole fridge, I don't get the main part of the fridge without the doors and and the shelves which I have to get separately.

I agree with you about not liking devs getting lazy, but how the heck is that related to the Xbox SDK or dev tools?

Why is it that you make a fair point about devs then just have to throw in an unrelated jab? From reading the article, I see nothing that points to this being the fault of the Xbox SDK or dev tools. Instead it sounds like the Forza team wanted more time on content, so instead of delaying the testing and disc production part, they offer the extra content as free dlc.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but the story pointed to just tracks and cars in this day one dlc. Does that mean there are no tracks or cars built in or that they are mearly adding additional tracks and cars? That would affect my opinion.

If there is already content, then I'm ok with dlc to add to it. If the game has none, then I really don't like that practice. Can anyone clarify that?

#107 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 17 July 2013 - 18:13

I agree with you about not liking devs getting lazy, but how the heck is that related to the Xbox SDK or dev tools?

Why is it that you make a fair point about devs then just have to throw in an unrelated jab? From reading the article, I see nothing that points to this being the fault of the Xbox SDK or dev tools. Instead it sounds like the Forza team wanted more time on content, so instead of delaying the testing and disc production part, they offer the extra content as free dlc.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but the story pointed to just tracks and cars in this day one dlc. Does that mean there are no tracks or cars built in or that they are mearly adding additional tracks and cars? That would affect my opinion.

If there is already content, then I'm ok with dlc to add to it. If the game has none, then I really don't like that practice. Can anyone clarify that?

There is already cars and tracks and you can start playing immediately(after downloading the game patch that fixes the DRM change) while it downloads the DLC content in the background. and you don't need a fast line to do this. 

#108 notchinese

notchinese

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 17 July 2013 - 18:19

I'm surprised few people have an issue with this. Developers have been getting lazier and lazier using connected consoles as an excuse to push out an unfinished, buggy product.

I remember before the internet when games were actually bug free for the most part and came complete in the package, the only "DLC" addons were full expansion packs as a separate boxed also finished product.

This fantasy world you are living in with bug free games is just that - a fantasy. It was never that way.

#109 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13

Posted 17 July 2013 - 18:29

[Thread closed]

Apparently the thread topic is exhausted.