Question on phone contract uk

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,450 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:36

Welcome to Three, where contracts last your life ;)

4 years ago I lost my job, was way out of my Three contract period and rang them up to cancel. After the cancellation period came and went, they were still taking DD from my bank. Called them up again, they had no record of me cancelling. Went through it all again, and once again after the notice period was up, they were still taking DD from my account.

Cancelled the DD through my bank, then got sent a paper bill in the post, after ringing their awful Indian customer support for the 3rd time and explaining, we came to the agreement I would pay the paper bill and never be bothered again (my mum paid it via cheque).
That still wasn't the end, a month later they sent another bill.

After ignoring the bills and moving house twice, they still seem to want to try and bill me, even after 4 years I'm getting sent threats through the post about paying up or they'll send people to collect it.

My only fear was it would ruin my credit rating.

#17 OP peacemf

peacemf

T Fizz - now with more bubbles!

• 2,878 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 19:19

called them up and after a number of conference calls with three and cpw. I now have to wait till august till 3 can generate a bill and then send that over to cpw for them to pay for everything. till then i have to wait and hope they all sort everything before it goes to default on the payment