usa fried chicken chain kfc eleven original recipe broader customer base

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Gotenks98

Gotenks98

Neowinian

• 1,966 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 00:55

Where do the bones go ... hmm :huh: Are they growing genetically modified boneless chickens ?!

Your late they been doing this for years now. The chickens they use have no beaks or feathers. The animal has been modified to the point where they can not call it chicken. Why do you think they dont spell out what KFC stands for anymore? ITs because they are not allowed to actually call it chicken.

#17 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,867 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:43

You have big sheds, but nobody’s allowed in, and inside these big sheds are twenty-foot high chickens. Because of all the chemicals you put in them. And these chickens are scared. They don’t know why they’re so big. They go “oh why am I so massive?” And they’re looking down on all the other little chickens, and they think they’re in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small… do you deny that? No. His silence, I think, speaks volumes.

Your late they been doing this for years now. The chickens they use have no beaks or feathers. The animal has been modified to the point where they can not call it chicken. Why do you think they dont spell out what KFC stands for anymore? ITs because they are not allowed to actually call it chicken.

#18 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,932 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:04

In some asian countries KFC did tries to replace the Colonel Sanders logo with a new one: A white-colored, fat, smiling, bi-pedal chicken like creature.

But in following year Avian Influenza outbreak happens, then those outlet reverts back into Col.Sanders logo.

A question: why its 'eleven'? would that has something to do with 7-eleven chains?

#19 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,350 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:17

A question: why its 'eleven'? would that has something to do with 7-eleven chains?

The name of the test restaurant is a reference to the 11 herbs and spices Sanders used in the Original Recipe.

#20 Mr. Dee

Mr. Dee

Neowinian Senior

• 2,457 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Professional

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:26

KFC Jamaica is the best, the chicken is the seasoned properly down to the bone. Its an expensive treat you have every now and then. I have learned to avoid the side orders, you save money. To be honest though, KFC is not like what it use to be growing up. When I was young and drive in the vicinity of a KFC with my dad, you could smell KFC just driving by. It just had a classic taste, but I think that classic smell and taste was probably bad for your health that's why the taste has evolved so much. Then again, its a rare treat, but when I was at community college, I had it almost every day, reason being, I had to walk past it everyday, so I couldn't resist. Not to mention, it was cheaper. In 2003 KFC cost Jamaica $176 for a 2 piece meal deal. In 2013, a 2 piece meal deal cost $500, 650 if you add side orders such as coleslaw. That's US $6.50.

It still works out cheaper though than say Dominoes and other restaurants. Chinese is the most expensive and the worst. I tried a Chinese restaurant last month, spent $40 US (4,000 Jamaican) on lunch boxes and it was only good enough for my dog.

#21 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,439 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:39

KFC was good when I was younger, but as the years have gone on it has gotten greasier and greasier.  It also seems like some of their side dishes have gotten kind of generic tasting.  I live in Kentucky and don't have easy access to one, and have found that Lee's chicken, in my opinion, tastes much better, and you don't have to pat the grease off with a paper towel before you eat it.

Will have to check out a KFC to see if they're improving though, haven't been to one in a couple of years.  Would like to see them succeed, if only out of a mild sense of home-state pride since they're based out of Kentucky.

#22 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

• 1,710 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:27

Where do the bones go ... hmm :huh: Are they growing genetically modified boneless chickens ?!

boneless-chicken-ranch-far-side-247x300.

Honestly unsure if you're serious or not...if you are then do you have some legit links to some articles?

Assuming you are being serious, from what I remember they changed their name to KFC due to licensing reasons since Kentucky trademarked their state name.  They also mention chicken dozens of times on their website so their goes your theory on why they supposedly don't call it chicken anymore.

#23 exit

exit

Neowinian

• 408 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:45

In the US El Pollo Loco Whether you're looking for a burrito, a salad, a quesadilla, a family chicken meal or healthy dining choices, we've got something delicious for everyone.has knocked out KFC with there healthy flaming of chicken rather then frying the KFC way 

#24 Gotenks98

Gotenks98

Neowinian

• 1,966 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:38

A friend of mine who use to breed chickens told me a lot of what goes on for those chicken farms. Normally a chicken takes many months to fatten up and be the right size for slaughter. He told me how they used to feed the chickens special food that makes them grow up from a chick to full chicken in 6 weeks. They did this because 6+ months is way too long a time for a return on investment. He also told me about how chickens were modified to not have feathers because the de-feathering takes too long to do by hand. I don't have links but when he gets back from vacation I will try to get him to share where he got the KFC info from.

#25 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:02

I really don't want to see the farms where Kfc gets their chicken from. Kfc does have good chicken, it tastes good in the beginning, but I feel sick after eating it.

#26 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,439 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:18

They do not raise boneless or beakless chickens.  I had posted a link that showed the poster as being incorrect in that assertion, but for some reason that part of my reply was deleted by a moderator.

#27 +timster

timster

Neowinian Senior

• 2,681 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:06

people still believe that crap about kfc raising mutant chickens?

http://www.snopes.co...tainted/kfc.asp

#28 Stokkolm

Stokkolm

Neowinian Senior

• 2,984 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 1520

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:31

It's explained in the original post.

#29 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,124 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 15:03

Saw one of these in Thailand years ago - a posh KFC.  We were shocked.

#30 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,713 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 15:24

people still believe that crap about kfc raising mutant chickens?

As if KFC wouldn't.