Youtube Full Screen Isn't Full Screen

Basically as above since updating chrome, youtube doesn't run in Full Screen, in either Metro or Desktop modes, basically the window doesn't change size from the larger size when I click the full screen button, the page just goes black (see screenshot)

post-105752-0-52729400-1374142224.png

Any ideas on what's causing this?

Are you using HTML5 youtube by any chance? Occasionally I find that I'm on the HTML5 version (dunno why) and fullscreen (among many other things) breaks. 

No I'm using the Flash version, oddly the HTML 5 version seems to work better

As Blerk said it could be the HTML5 player, I still find it to be pretty buggy and regularly have problems getting a video to load in 1080p and sometimes have a different full screen issue where it only takes up the browser screen and scales with it instead of being true full screen. 

EDIT: Just seen your reply, does it do it with other browsers also which release channel are you on?

Ahh Ashens, I sent him something nearly a year ago and he still hasn't reviewed it,  :cry:. Told me to expect the review Christmas last year.

It doesn't work at all in my other browser (internet explorer) this probably because Chrome comes with Flash so I didn't install the system wide version of flash. 

I have chrome Version 28.0.1500.72 m

I get this from time to time with Youtube. I have to fully close (inc task manager exe's) Chrome and then open Chrome again it works OK. Hardly a solution, but more of a temporary fix.

Chrome got annoying recently. I used to have Netflix zoomed to 150% before, and it would show the actual video player at 100%. Now it zoome the video player cutting off the video and putting the video controls outside the picture.