7 posts in this topic

Posted

Turn 10's Dan Greenawalt told us today that being required to connect to Xbox Live before you can play is "not the plan." You just need to connect online eventually in order to complete the career mode.

"In the beginning of the game, the player will be racing against Drivatars that are contained on the disc and were trained by the [Turn 10 development] team," Greenawalt said. "While playing, the player will be asked to connect to Live in order to download a completely fresh set of player-created Drivatar opponents

Posted

Good news for the people who felt they would be buying an unfinished game. 

Posted

But now what am I going to complain about?

1 person likes this

Posted

You can only play it because Microsoft supports play while you download, that doesn't mean you aren't buying an unfinished game and that you can play it if you don't have an internet connection or a connection to Xbox Live when you first launch the game.

Posted

that you can play it if you don't have an internet connection or a connection to Xbox Live when you first launch the game.

"The player won't be blocked from playing the game" if they've never connected it to Xbox Live, Greenawalt said. "But deeper areas in the career mode were designed to utilize these additional cars and tracks."

Posted

Sorry it's too early for reading comprehension, I take back my original comment.

1 person likes this

Posted

Right... I give you 24 hours before it's something else...