5 posts in this topic

Posted

[attachment=338563:firefox_neb-thumb-570x446-127518.jpg]

From the article:

If you're reading this web page using Chrome or Safari, beware: you are probably angering the universe. There is reason to believe, you see, that the universe -- the collection of all the planets, stars, galaxies, matter, and energy that have ever existed, and the sum total of all that we do and will know -- is actually partial to Mozilla products. Which means that there is reason to believe that the universe would really prefer, as you browse the web that connects our tiny little world, that you use Firefox.

I kid, I kid! Of course the universe, being unconscious and having, regardless, more important things to care about, has no real preference about your web browser. (Though if you're using IE, there's a good chance it's judging you a little). What the universe does have, however, is immensity -- an immensity that lends itself to pareidolia, the human tendency to see familiar images in unfamiliar things. The world that stretches beyond our own is a playground for that tendency, especially now that sophisticated imaging capabilities are producing more pictures than we've ever had access to before. It's cloud-watching made, literally, universal.

Read more at The Atlantic

Posted

you see it from the wrong side of the 3D space

Posted

Looks more like a cloud of dust to me.

Posted

you see it from the wrong side of the 3D space

It might actually look completely different from the other side though. the funny thing about volumetric 3D space. 

Posted

God just had gas.