Moto X waves hello, again... in leaked press render

moto-x-press-render.jpg

There's a good chance that the Moto X will become official on August 1st, but if snapshots and videos of the real thing aren't enough to satiate your curiosity... well, now there's a press render from @evleaks and partner site TheUnlockr. Naturally, stock Android has been key to the Moto X for some time now, but it seems that we might find subtle interface tweaks from Motorola, such as the transparent navigation bar, which is now highly visible. In all, there aren't many startling revelations in the latest leak, but one thing is for certain: the phone's face sure looks a lot snazzier now that Motorola's logo has been scrubbed away.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/20/moto-x-leaked-render/

Wonder if that render is a hint of 4.3? because I'm not aware of any stock build of Android so far, that makes the softkeys partially transparent so you can see the background behind them :unsure:

That's a Motorola thing AFAIK. Then again it could be coming with 4.3 also which I would like :yes:

I still have a year left with my Atrix, but I am not sure if I would ever get a Moto Phone again.  My atrix (which is fully capable of 4.x+) only got an update from 2.2->2.3.  Moto said they would do an ICS but never did.  My phone was 700$ brand new, and support for it was dropped ~6 months after it's release.  It was also considered a flagship phone, was best as CES and other things.  

I get that Android phones are always replaced, but the speed at which my phone was replaced.. left a bad taste in my mouth.

I still have a year left with my Atrix, but I am not sure if I would ever get a Moto Phone again.  My atrix (which is fully capable of 4.x+) only got an update from 2.2->2.3.  Moto said they would do an ICS but never did.  My phone was 700$ brand new, and support for it was dropped ~6 months after it's release.  It was also considered a flagship phone, was best as CES and other things.  

I get that Android phones are always replaced, but the speed at which my phone was replaced.. left a bad taste in my mouth.

This is what I got with my HTC, that's why I only get Nexus phones now. But now that Google owns Motorola Mobility it should be a lot better (ie: stock Android and/or faster updates)

This is what I got with my HTC, that's why I only get Nexus phones now. But now that Google owns Motorola Mobility it should be a lot better (ie: stock Android and/or faster updates)

Moto does make good phones, their support is their downfall.  I am definitely thinking of going the nexus route, but if things are good for Moto (being google owned) it may sway me.

Well you can worry less now I'd say since it's not run by Google and therefore you'll get updates straight from them just like Nexus devices do. This is partially why it's running stock Android now too (well 99% stock) vs Blur before (even though that wasn't so much "blur" anymore and pretty close to stock anyways).